Prologis, Inc Intern Accounts Payable in Amsterdam, NewfoundlandNetherlands
Prologis is looking to recruit an Intern Accounts Payable for its subsidiary based in Amsterdam.
General Job Summary :
The Accounts Payable (AP) department is responsible for all AP activities of the 1000+ legal entities across multiple jurisdictions in Europe. The department consists of 3 teams; 2 teams (2 x 6 FTE) servicing the different country business teams focused on invoice processing and query resolution and 1 team (3 FTE) responsible for Travel & Expense, reporting and BS reconciliations. The countries / languages in scope are Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland. Monthly average volume is approximately 5,000 invoices.
Tasks and Responsibilities AP team:
- Prepare and review vendor liability aging report. Work together with country AP Accountant on resolving aging items
- Reconciliation of Cash in Transit suspense accounts; investigate open items and resolve in AP sub-ledger or by performing reclasses / adjustments to General Ledger
- Coordinate pay cycle processing ensuring approved and due invoices are available for payment
- Work together with Cash Management department to ensure all outgoing payments are properly executed and resolve any not-processed items with a specific focus on high impact suppliers
- Coordinate AP subledger review for capital events (acquisitions, dispositions, contributions)
- Prepare and review AP balance sheet reconciliations, following up with other departments and / or performing reclasses / adjustments to General Ledger
- Assist the AP Manager to continuously identify, lead and implement opportunities for effectiveness and efficiency improvements along with improved levels of customer satisfaction.
Main Activities Internship:
- The internship will mainly focus on working within AP Reporting team on AP Aging and Cash in Transit clean-up projects
- You will participate in regular team meetings, daily stand-up improvement meetings
- You will be involved in thinking about process changes / improvements
During your internship you will learn the following:
Understand how and end-to-end Accounts Payable process functions
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes and procedures within a multinational corporate environment
- How to work with various external and internal customers and stakeholders (external suppliers, Cash Management, Accounting, Property Management, other local business teams)
- How to work within an international, fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Communication skills: ability to resolve issues and escalations in a professional and customer oriented manner
- Cultural sensitivity: ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix structure environment, act and respond appropriately in a political environment, properly handle confidential information and work in a constructive way with other staff groups
- The ability to handle a diverse range of competing requests from the business at any one time, whilst delivering high quality results
- Proactive behavior: ability to proactively support the business
- Self-development: ability to continuously develop yourself to become more effective, reflect on your own behavior and take time to listen to feedback from your manager, peers and other relevant stakeholders
Prologis operates the world’s largest and most diverse portfolio of industrial distribution facilities. Totalling more than 669 million square feet (62 million square meters), the company’s portfolio comprises High Throughput Distribution (HTD®) facilities—industrial properties built for speed located near key seaports, airports and major freeway interchanges. By focusing on strategic global and regional markets, we help customers maximize the efficiency of their distribution, logistics and light manufacturing. In addition to high-quality facilities, our land holdings and our development expertise enable us to offer customers complete supply chain solutions. If the right facility doesn’t already exist, we can design and build it on a prime location, optimized to fit a customer’s distribution strategy. For additional information about the company, go to www.prologis.com .