Microsoft Corporation Datacenter Deploy Tech Lead in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As the successful Datacenter Deploy Tech Lead (DDTL), your performance objectives will consist of:
· Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals across Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums supporting deployment of DC physical infrastructures -- such as Servers, NetDevices, SANs, Windows Server OS Support, cabling, parts/component replacement, & troubleshooting.
· Performing tactical management tasks -- such as: prioritizing ticketing queues; responding, engaging, or addressing to resolve escalations (or further escalate if needed); and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of Deploy Engagement Tech activities.
· Highlighting challenges to enable efficient support of your DC personnel in a fast-paced environment
· Managing deployment workflow based on business demand, by coordinating your shift personnel who will execute deployment tasks for these state-of-the-art server and network hardware platforms built on cutting edge, datacenter industry designs and infrastructure.
· Supporting post deployment-focused teams and workloads when the rhythm of business requires
· Providing excellent customer service, (via your mature interpersonal awareness, and communication skills) to bring your technical and deployment abilities to life -- supporting Microsoft’s future success.
· At least one (1) year of experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce of 3-8 employees
· Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting (may range from 10-50lbs on a regular basis), and working at heights
• Technical College degree or certification in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Operational awareness of CE infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
• Ability to work non-standard business hours which may include weekends and/or holidays
• Experience to include operating heavy-load movement equipment (pallet jacks, chassis lifts, etc.)
• Perform and execute organization’s safety programs and policies, and compliance knowledge assessments
• Good business acumen and financial management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Business programs & operations