Philips Manager Marketing Intelligence in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Become the specialist in market and market share information and support the strategy and future growth of Philips’ Male Grooming business globally through strong recommendations based on your profound market understanding.
We are recruiting for a Market Intelligence manager for one of our fastest growing business groups at our Head Quarter in Amsterdam, who is able to connect the dots and translate quantitative and qualitative information into meaningful insights.
You are the Go to person for all market & market share information for Male Grooming (50% of your time):
• Market monitoring: prepare monthly market share tracker and market reporting for the Male Grooming business, identifying key developments
• Deep dives: conduct additional analysis to identify root causes for market and market share developments providing insights to develop corrective actions and/or identify opportunities
• Ad-hoc request: support marketing and (category) management with additional requests on specific countries, channels, product introductions, etc.
Support the business (strategy) processes (25% of your time):
• Provide market, market share and competitor information and analysis for the strategy process, be part of the core team for specific (long term) strategy projects to grow the business and identify new opportunity areas
• Support the category market forecast alignment (quarterly) that is used for business planning
• Drive the market share target setting process for the category
Develop the marketing intelligence function (25% of your time):
• Continuously improve way of working by using new data sources, connecting data sources and investigating drivers for market and markets share developments
• Develop new ways of reporting (dashboards, infographics) and building convincing presentations
You will become a part of the Consumer & Market Intelligence team in the business group Personal Care which manages the creation, development and market introduction of products and propositions globally. For the Consumer & Market Intelligence Team this implies that we conduct market and consumer research across the globe. Your internal customers will be marketing teams in headquarters and in the countries, strategy and (category) management team.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
• 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
• A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
• Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
• Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
• Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
• Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
• University level (master, MBA in the area of Economy/ Business/ Commerce/ Strategic Marketing.
• Min. 2-3 years of working experience in the area of business- and market intelligence in which you have analyzed market shares, forecasts and data. Preferable from a multinational, fast paced environment.
• Proven track record in delivering high quality results in a challenging environment
• Excellent Excel skills and experience with analysis of market data.
• Strong analytical skills and natural high level of curiosity to help build up deep fact-based market and product category knowledge.
• Strong eye for detail
• Good consultative and communication skills so you can convey your findings and knowledge to marketing teams and act a business partner.
• Good project management skills; ability to plan & prioritize
• Eagerness to further develop & build on Market Intelligence
• Having experience with working GFK tools is an extra asset
• Business fluency in English (written & verbal)
• Available fulltime, 40 hours per week
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum at http://www.philips.com/b-dam/corporate/corporateblog/2016/PhilipsChronicDisease_5.jpg . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/working-at-philips/working-at-philips.html on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog at http://www.usa.philips.com/a-w/our-people/life-at-philips.html . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech.html , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions at http://www.philips.com/a-w/careers/healthtech/faq.html .