Google Sales Engineering Manager, Google Cloud in Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of pre-sales Engineers who engage with business prospects, discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud services, and address and overcome technical objections that arise throughout the business process.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering management to determine proper staffing levels to support annualized business goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool, and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Organize, train and equip the Sales Engineering team; Assess team’s go-to-market readiness, identify gaps in preparedness, and build plans to ensure the team is properly trained and equipped to successfully perform in support of annualized business goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage for sales opportunities; Participate in review meetings providing insight into how to best secure the technical opportunity.
- Work with the Sales Account, Customer Support, Product Management, Customer Solutions and Engineering teams to resolve product problems affecting pre- and post-sales customer satisfaction.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to visit customers across a defined geographic territory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a technical field engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role (e.g. within a professional services, solutions architect, or systems engineering team).
- Ability to speak and write in English and Dutch fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools as well as experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience serving the capacity of a pre-sales Field Engineering Manager, successfully leading the team to achieve strategic goals throughout the performance period; Experience of serving in the capacity of a customer-facing Field Engineer.
- Experience with Linux and understanding of enterprise networking and identity management systems.
- Experience using and/or managing databases; Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management, especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts, as well as working knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.