Dell Services Presales Engineer (17000W6V) in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Services Presales Engineer (17000W6V)
Job ID R06487
Date posted 10/12/2017
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Systems Engineer Competitive salary Netherlands,Amsterdam
Are you an experienced Consultantwho could provideadvices for a game-changing, enterprise-widedeployment service? Do you want to be a hero to Dells customers by resolving their complex IT issues? Within Support and Deployment Services (SDS), we are looking for aSenior Systems Engineerto join our presales team in Amsterdam.
Support and Deployment Services (SDS) help customers to get the very best out of Dell EMC technologies. Our IT lifecycle approach (from consultancy through warranty and support services) provides our customers with the unique ability to source end-to-end solutions from a single, world class and global vendor. Our ethos and collaborative approach makes working in this business unit a highly rewarding experience
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and were committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The System Engineer works within our Support and Deployment Services (SDS) business unit and leads the SDS solution definition in close synergy with the Services Sales, Services Delivery Teams and in collaboration with product account teams to position the Dell EMC solution that best meets customer requirements.
This is a senior, pre-sales, customer facing role. The System Engineer will lead the development of client presentations, workshops, service line responses to RFPs, Statements of Work (SOW) creation and review, effort estimation and transition of work to delivery organization through appropriate practice management
The System Engineer will make Services Solutions and Services Sales presentations to customers including C-level management. Working with highly skilled technical advisors, you will: - Act as the Pre-Sales solution owner and contributes to the sales pursuit strategy, account planning and forecasts. - Leads customer presentations and workshops at the senior leadership by articulating the IT transformational journey in both business value and technology terms with a special focus on one of our pillar (Workplace, Data Centre, Infrastructure or Operating Model Transformation) - Lead Solution development (sometimes using expertise from other disciplines) including solution design, scope documents, risk profile, and corresponding financials. Coordinate the Team of Subject Matter Experts and Solution Architects that work in the Solution - Create own deliverables, responses and SoW based on Dell EMC Service Marketing strategies according to the Solution needs - Ensure internal Services Deal Governance is applied to all proposals and responses (RFP and SOWs) and support deal negotiation and closure to include transition support to service delivery - Contribute to business results through quality of solution, advice and decisions - Mentor less experienced team members
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional consulting skills, including methods, tools and techniques to apply within an IT transformation context
- Expert level experience in at least one service area or technology (Enterprise consolidation, transformation and migration engagements, end user and workplace transformation including Windows 10, data center, storage, cloud including automation and integration into existing IT environments, converge or hyper-converge infrastructure) and proficient in multiple service areas and technologies
- Previous experience of acting as a solution lead, solution architect or CTO in large multi-national program (within the last 2 years) and proven skills and experience in constructing complex IT infrastructure services solutions (scope services, assemble effort estimates, plan programmes and work packages)
- Thorough understanding of a services P&L and cash flow development (including business impact), risk analysis and commercial models such as Fixed Price, T&M and incorporation of 3rd party contracts
- Proven experience in client facing roles and effectively influencing at all levels (up to CxO) with ability to construct, tailor, and negotiate service contracts (eg Statements of Work) for both customer engagement and partner provisioning
- Proven communication skills and ability to work effectively in a sales team environment Highly desirable
Strong experience in one or more of the following will be an advantage: - Working knowledge of Dell EMC and VMware product portfolio - Working knowledge of ITIL and PMP - Working knowledge of Agile Development practices and DEVOPS - Enterprise architecture (TOGAF) - Windows Certification - VMware certification - Storage, backup and archiving optimization - Practical knowledge/experience with Organizational Change Management (OCM) Education Required - Bachelors or equivalent