Stantec Senior Consultant SHEQ / Senior adviseur SHEQ in Delft, Netherlands
For the reinforcement of our team, we are looking for a substantively qualified senior SHEQ Consultant & Account manager.
Within our team, you will work on a wide range of projects, varying from corporate consultancy with regard to safety (RI&Es and other risk inventories, equipment safety) to supervising the dismantling of sites, applying for environmental permits and conducting international compliance audits. An additional portion of your core activities will be aimed at maintaining and further expanding our existing partnerships, as well as attracting new clients (business development and acquisition). We serve clients from a range of sectors, including: chemical industry, food, water (drinking water supply and waste water purification), retail and wholesaling, transport, waste management and electrical engineering.
We (and potentially you, in the future!) offer our clients, both in the Netherlands and internationally, services tailored to their specific needs, relating to aspects such as:
• Consultancy relating to risk management and safety issues (with regard to themes such as external safety, VCA, fire safety, DoMAH (BRZO) and the PGS standards for hazardous substances;
• The implementation and maintenance of quality assurance and management systems (including ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001), by compiling the necessary documentation, conducting internal audits and providing training courses;
• Ensuring compliance with legislation and regulations by, for instance, conducting SHE(Q) audits;
• Providing support for multinationals in connection with acquisitions, in the form of due-diligence audits or supervising site closures;
• Application procedures in connection with obtaining new environmental permits and changes to existing permits;
Our organisation has a flat, accessible structure; there is ample opportunity for participation in decision-making and for the realisation of new and innovative ideas. Employees periodically break into small teams to brainstorm about opportunities and market developments; each member of the team is expected to contribute.
Senior Consultant SHEQ / Senior adviseur SHEQ
The desired qualifications and characteristics are:
• Completed degree (at least a Bachelor’s) relating to safety or the environment, with at least eight years’ experience in the field of SHEQ, should ideally possess strong subject-matter expertise in the area of safety issues;
• Acquisition skills, demonstrable abilities in the area of client recruitment and retention.
• Demonstrable experience in recruiting industrial clients; a strong existing commercial network preferred;
• Good social skills and experience in maintaining client relationships, in addition to contact with government authorities;
• Ready knowledge of current legislation and up-to-date awareness regarding developments in this particular field;
• Familiarity with environmental issues and/or management systems such as ISO is preferred;
• Eager to contribute to further developing the capacity of junior advisers by offering on-the-job coaching and providing training courses or lectures;
• A flexible and practical attitude;
• Good communication skills in both Dutch and English (other European languages are valuable as well).
The home office for the position (Arnhem or Delft) will be determined in consultation with the candidate.
Engineering Other, Environmental Engineer, Environmental Science, Environmental Services
For more information about working at MWH, now part of Stantec please visit http://nl.mwhglobal.com/carriere/
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Laila Soer, platform manager at SHEQ, tel: 0648640109.
Applying is only possible via the ‘apply to job button’ on our website www.mwhglobal.nl via ‘Carrière’ -> ‘Bekijk vacatures’.
No agencies please.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
The structure of our organisation
In the Netherlands, MWH – now part of Stantec – consists of two business lines: Infrastructure and Environmental Management. The business lines are supported by account managers and project managers who are responsible for customer relationship management and project management respectively. The Environmental Management line is led by Sybren Ydema. This business line is dynamic, driven and has the ambition to expand its activities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):