TE Connectivity Inside Sales Account Manager in DEN BOSCH, Netherlands
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
The Intelligent Buildings, IB, sub-vertical has a dedicated team deployed globally and comprises the market segments of HVAC, Elevator/Escalators, Lighting, Fire & Security and Solar. As today’s buildings become increasingly efficient and connected, TE works to solve connectivity challenges. We link power and data on every floor of the building—from environmental and illumination controls, to safety, people flow, convenience and service equipment—delivering greater control and more comfortable living and working spaces.
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for qualification of new “green field” accounts and also driving revenue growth on dedicated secondary accounts. The Inside Sales Representative will collaborate with multiple other functions within the organization, particularly with Account Managers and Field Engineers. The person coming into this first European Inside Sales position will be looked upon to help build a replicable, scalable inside sales team and process. The successful candidate in this role will have to opportunity to take on AM or FE position in the future.
This position is based in Den Bosch, Netherlands and will report to the Intelligent Buildings EMEA Sales Manager.
This position is a continuation of the already successful role out of Inside Sales Team in the America’s region and will be support that team as the role develops.
Account Management Responsibility:
• Own specific accounts/locations as assigned (ie. remote locations, B accounts which are on the ‘fringe’, or prospective B accounts). Manage all commercial aspects with the customer including relationship and regular contact with customer key stakeholders, managing and preparing offers, project contracts and quotations, leading price and contract negotiations, following up on current and potential opportunities and projects. Pro-actively address open customer issues, including quality issues, until appropriate closure
• Penetrate new, assigned, ‘green field’ accounts or locations as identified by sales/marketing leadership
• Sell the value propositions of TE’s products and services
• The individual will also be responsible for Lead Management. The Inside sales rep is the key driver for Lead qualification, identifying customer needs and coordinating follow through by Inside sales rep or outside sales till successful closure
• Sales effectiveness support – Inside sales rep will act as “extended hand” of the sales team members following up on administration actions, sample requests, escalations. Understanding of the TE internal organization and speed is the key
• Promptly and efficiently handle all inbound leads - make contact with all hot leads within 24 hours and all other leads within 1 week
• Qualify or disqualify all leads, using consultative selling techniques to uncover the customer needs and opportunities
• Determine whether to retain ownership or stage for handoff to outside sales (either direct or channel) ensuring follow through to a closure
Sales effectiveness support:
• Follow up with open administration actions (samples, setting Part Numbers, Product Change Notifications, Request Tracking System Requests, PEEP, Part Number crosses, stock programs, quality audits, follow up on quality issues) till final closure
• Delivery escalation follow up
• Supporting sales with information when they are in the field
• Disciplined internal reporting of projects and other business activities through Salesforce.com
Key Goals & Objectives/Measurements:
• Revenue growth
• Lead management –pipeline and conversion
• Net Promoter Score
Key Qualifications, Experiences & Knowledge:
• Preferred: Minimum three to five years customer care, inside sales, outside sales and/or field engineer experience
• Excellent phone and consultative selling skills
• An academic qualification in an engineering competence or equivalent field technical experience is a distinct advantage
• Should have had previous experience in a customer facing capacity
Particular Skills & Abilities Required:
• Excellent relationship and communication skills
• A passion for serving and helping customers
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions (inside and outside of TE)
• Strong selling, presentation and negotiation skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and challenging targets
• Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plans
Requisition ID: 2017-83346
Business Unit (Current): Industrial Solutions - Industrial - Intelligent Building
External Company URL: www.tycoelectronics.com