Philips Lighting Software Quality Manager in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Software Supplier Quality Manager
Within the Home System Business as a Supplier Quality Manager you will work for a product which can welcome you home, wake you up and get you energized. Meet HUE: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/ . Philips HUE has revolutionized the lighting industry by bringing lighting to our digital and connected world and enables consumers to experience lighting in a way they have never experienced before. This is a unique opportunity for you to become part of an innovation team that will completely shape the future of lighting as we know of today by defining how intelligent lighting will take its place in the smart homes of tomorrow.
Each Hue product is in essence (part of) a complete system. Although a lamp and bridge may be the only physical products that will be acquired by a customer, the meet hue portal and the various mobile Apps complete the system. The total system is therefore a combination of various HW and SW components that work seamlessly together. Hereby Quality and our Suppliers are very important.
The Home Systems - Software Quality Manager responsibilities are:
• Deploy continuous integration, continuous delivery practices and tooling to improve the existing release cycle, improve time-to- market by improving software build, integration and release processes.
• Deploy best in class SW engineering practices to improve the stability of nightly builds, manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Deploy lean SW practices by reducing waste and upstreaming quality by improving development quality, testing quality, reliability and QoS of SW deliverables.
• Continuously improve the uptime and QoS for the Hue Cloud (Device Management, Over the air firmware update, data analytics, device control services, device portal services, …)
• Ensure the operational cloud service supplier performance is in line with consumer and partner expectation
• Develop a quality strategy to improve the R&D efficiency, for example - by reducing issues leakages in Software Development Life Cycle.
• Pioneer and put in place (new) SQ process, procedures and structure
• Work very closely with SW suppliers in software outsourcing, software insourcing and operational service providers (examples: embedded SW outsourcing, mobile app development outsourcing and Cloud service providers)
• Agree explicitly on SQ processes with elements of Definition of Done, Agile contracting, participating in SAFE approach (the supplier will be part of the development release train), continuous delivery…
In engagement with SW suppliers, the Software Quality Manager responsibilities are:
• Develops a quality strategy in line with Procurement and Business Quality requirements with a short to medium term 1-3 year sight line.
• Participates in supplier selection processes.
• Engages in supplier audits, assessments and supplier performance management.
• Ensure the premium quality of software deliverables and solutions from SW suppliers by deploying Delivery and Quality KPIs with regular control and measure points followed by continuous improvements.
• Leads negotiations with suppliers to ensure that quality expectations are met.
• Manages issues and escalations, triggers 8D’s and 5Whys at supplier and sees through the incident handling at supplier side.
This job resides in business group Home Systems. The Home Systems team within the Philips Lighting Business Group Home is tasked with innovation and go to market of “internet of things” connected lighting systems – and as such an integral part of realizing the move towards systems and solutions. The first connected lighting system was launched on Oct 1st 2012. As a Supplier Quality Manager you will be located in Eindhoven, NL.
We are looking for
Candidates who share our passion to improve people’s live. Our ideal candidate has on top:
A Bachelor or Master degree in SW Engineering / IT Technology or a related discipline
3+ years of experience in SW or digital product company in Quality, Procurement, Business or Operations management and at least 2+ years as a quality professional in that environment.
1+ years in early supplier engagement activities including Supplier selection with auditor qualifications and related experience
A Certification in LEAN, 6 Sigma/Black Belt holder or equivalent
Solid understanding and experience of IT/SW & System development including testing and management processes like CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFE
Thorough understanding of Quality Tools & modern engineering methods - PPAP, D/PFMEA, DFX, VE etc)
Deep knowledge of problem solving techniques (5xWhy, 8D, Fault tree etc).
Collaborative mindset with skills to challenge confidently.
Acts with a sense of urgency
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting company in the world who leads through continuous and meaningful innovation. This fast-paced position will quickly give you the chance to push your career and aspirations forward within a top global company. We’ll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we’ll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
· 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
· A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
· Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
· Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
· Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
· Healthy work-life balance
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 270531. As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. For more information you can contact Patty Baken, Talent Acquisition Consultant via firstname.lastname@example.org