Honeywell HSE leader in Emmen, Netherlands
The Health, Safety & Environmental Leader reports directly to the Site Leader and has a functional reporting line to the Area Service Manager. Responsibilities include providing technical advice and support with respect to matters impacting occupational safety, health and environment for the Emmen facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.) Develops, recommends and implements practical, functional approaches to resolve safety, health and environmental issues in support of location strategies for achieving customer satisfaction and regulatory/policy compliance.
- Provides advice on safety, health and environmental concerns and works with employees at all organizational levels to affect corrective action strategies. Serves as adviser to safety committees.
- Delivers safety, health and environment training on required regulatory, corporate and site-specific topics.
- Reviews current and proposed regulations/corporate requirements and recommends appropriate program measures to ensure compliance.
- Serves as the site HSE audit Coordinator to ensure continuous improvement and ongoing certification.
- Have sound knowledge of the Honeywell operating system tools & processes
- Drives strong HSE integration into HOS across business and site. Work closely with regional and site HOS leaders in this regard.
- Utilizes six-sigma tools and behavior-based safety strategies to guide injury prevention efforts.
- Facilitates root cause analyses of significant injuries and incidents. Conducts investigations into incidents involving any violations and prepares appropriate written reports.
- Conducts internal safety, health and environmental audits to verify compliance levels. Evaluates site HSE management system, procedures and processes and implements changes to maximize effectiveness.
- Develops site specific safety, health, and environment policies/procedures and ensures that requirements are effectively integrated into standard operating procedures.
- Provides expertise during concept and design phases of products and manufacturing processes to ensure that sound safety and health control methodologies are integrated in design. Conducts process hazard assessments as warranted.
- Performs ergonomic assessments and provides technical guidance to employees to minimize risks associated with material handling, repetitive motion and workstation design.
- Reviews new chemicals from a safety and health perspective and ensures appropriate controls are established prior to introduction into the workplace.
- Interfaces with regulatory and local law enforcement agencies.
- Manage the facilities and its budgets by ensuring sufficient building maintenance, energy control, cleaning and infrastructure. Processes and projects to be managed and executed according laws and company policies (also in case of outsourced activities).
- Coordinates loss prevention insurance reviews and associated action plans.
Oversees Inspection, repairs and maintenance of site alarm, sprinkler and access control systems. Arranges for system tests as required by government regulations, NFPA and company requirements.
20 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Site compliance reviews
30 Advocates HOS behaviors
15 Deploys safety initiatives
15 Drives standard work
Works with considerable freedom for independent action. Has a substantial degree of decision-making authority relating to the safe operation of work processes that may have considerable impact on end results. The HSE Leader is expected to base actions and recommendations on sound health, safety and environmental principles and supporting data.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Possess a B.S. degree in safety engineering/management, environmental, industrial hygiene or related science.
- 2-5 years demonstrated progressive experience in health, safety and environmental disciplines.
- Previous experience in large facilities management, with manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of HSE Management system, familiar with HSE Regulations, Crisis & Emergency Response Management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Good and meticulous follow up skills.
TECHNICAL SKILL & SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Six Sigma qualification to at least Green Belt level
- Deep knowledge of ISO 14000 and auditing skills
- Leadership & management skills – skilled in motivation and development of a team - sets high performance standards – provides constructive feedback – drives results. Planning and organizational skills. Customer relationship and development skills.
- Excellent organizational communication - both orally and in writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Dutch and English skills (verbal and written skills). Other languages preferred
- Job ID: HRD1893
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: Emmen, EMMEN 7821 AJ NLD
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.