Eaton Corporation Electrical Technician in Hengelo, Netherlands
Eaton Electrical has an opening for an:
Electrical Technican (m/f)
Location: The Netherlands
· Responsible for the design of system layout by translating the different functionalities to an effective and efficient electrical design in accordance with all applicable requirements, norms and (customer) specifications. Taking care of the accompanying documentation package (internal and external)
· Timely information transfer and accurate archiving of the files.
· Moreover the engineer contributes and implements improvements that improve the effectivity of the Aftermarket Engineering team.
· Responsible for the assigned projects, accountable for performing work within budgeted cost estimates, committed lead times and assigned utilization levels.
· Self-management of assigned projects. Thorough collection of technical information, analysis and coordination in all phases of a project. Engineering in accordance with standards, agreements, and customer requirements, and a smooth and systematic progress of the engineering process.
· Collaboration and pro-active communication to all stakeholders in the aftermarket engineering team, and other cross functional teams (Aftermarket order management, Planning, Aftermarket Operations, Field Services).
· Electro technical calculations with respect to the choice of materials and/or wiring dimensions
· Prepare and review electrical drawings package for customer, sales, Assembly/inspection.
· Generating electrical wiring file for wiring machine.
· Collecting and providing relevant information on purchased items (specifications , a brand name, number, etc.) on the basis of, among other things, preferred suppliers and available documentation/supplier information,
· Archiving aftermarket order data in the drawing program and the processing of as-built drawings
· Providing technical support to sales, work preparation, production, inspection, service. Advising on and solving technical solutions and issues.
· Participating in standardization or update of the Aftermarket product range
· Maintaining and expanding Engineering Guidelines, and define and implement process improvements that improve the efficiency of the Aftermarket Engineering team by implementing and refining design tools that reduce design cycle time and errors.
· Investigate technological developments and working methods with regard to Application Engineering, advise about possible improvements and, after approval of management, implement these.
· Must understand the switchgear Design and Manufacturing processes.
· Specific knowledge of making various technical calculations at the level of a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, such as switching calculations, motor start- and cos-phi calculations and mechanical applicability of materials
· Self-starter, drives improvement, in coordination with the manager. Quick Learner, able to adopt new systems and tools quickly.
· Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are paramount.
· Excellent communications skills and must have the ability to interface with internal and external customers, sales, and other team members on a technical level in multiple languages
· English (v/w) and Dutch (v) language
· Preferred experience with Elcad, Engineering Base, Eplan or other schematic tooling applications
What Eaton offers:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No