Marriott Commis Chef in Netherlands, Netherlands
With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
What are my responsibilities?
Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables. Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently. Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
What makes you the perfect fit?
You enjoy working in the kitchen and are passionate about delivering excellent dishes to ensure guests experience a memorable stay. Our Restaurant Midtown Grill is the number one steakhouse in Amsterdam, and you are determined to help us to improve even further.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
To be eligible for this position you
- Graduate 3rdyear of Culinary School
- have at least 1 years of relevant experience
- no supervisory experience is required
- are organized and motivated to succeed as part of a team
- possess a good command of the English language
- are able to work effectively as part of a team
- are calm and productive under pressure
- have a professional approach and respect for food and honest cooking
What does my contract look like?
- Fulltime contract for 38 hours per week.
- One month probation time.
- We will start with a contract for 1 year with the intention to extend.
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
- A professional environment to work in.
- Your uniform will be dry-cleaned by the hotel.
- Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job.
- Career possibilities within Marriott International.
- Special discounted rates for 6000 Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends.
- A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year.
- We organize many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about our hotel please seewww.amsterdammarriott.com
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Requisition ID: 1700197C