Marriott W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) in Netherlands, Netherlands
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests passions, providing insider access to what s new and what s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Start your career as W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) at the W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what s new/next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
And here s the exciting part - we are looking for an W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) who is passionate about W, passionate about music, style and innovation.
It is critical that the W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our talent are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
The W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) is responsible for the supervision of the bars daily operations in order to meet and exceed guests needs and business requirements and whilst ensuring strong Talent engagement and adherence to service standards and operating procedures.
The W Lounge Supervisor (Bar) is required to conduct their duties and responsibilities in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the W lounge Bar to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the guests' expectations.
- Constantly inspect bar set ups and assign various side duties to Talents.
- Oversee that bars and servicing equipment are clean, well maintained and meet all hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- Maintain strong communication within the department.
- Supervise special events organisations by creating efficient man power, equipment and set up.
- Support hotel activities for planning and organisation.
- Assume full responsibilities for the outlet in the absence of the other B&F Supervisors.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as attending meetings, preparing work schedule in order to maximise efficiency of man power and payroll control as per directions of the Head Bartender, assisting in revising and/or updating HID s and other specific duties related to the role.
- Assist in the identification of training needs and provide coaching and conduct training for all reporting Talent to ensure that service standards are followed.
- Motivate the team to bring about excellent performance, enforce discipline when required and participate in the evaluation of their performance.
- MBO / HBO Degree required (preferably in Hotel Management)
- Minimum of one-year experience in the same or similar role as Supervisor
- Minimum of three-year bar experience
- Fluency in English & Dutch
- Experience in 5* Luxury Segment
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life. We don't call W employees "Talent" for nothing. Creative. Exciting. Innovative. W Talent are naturally attracted to the Brand - they "get it"! W Talent are as unique as the brand itself, and cultivate the witty, whimsical, cool W environment. We push the envelope, raise the bar, and strive to be the best.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive from working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly if need be. You are a teamplayer and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
Job: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Organization: W Hotels
Requisition ID: 170027NW