Hilton Shift Engineer in Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognized names in the industry. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member at Hilton Rotterdam. Because at Hilton Hotels & Resorts we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
As Shift Engineer, you report to the Engineering Manager. You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Clearing disturbances and doing simple repairs on equipment, installations in various departments, guest rooms and general areas (furniture and sanitary fitting) on the various fields, tool building, building knowledge, electro, with exception of specialist work and larger projects.
- Planning and division of work based on reports of the various departments, disturbances, and tasks assigned by Engineering Manager.
- Observing disturbances and making of diagnoses. Clearing of disturbances through maintenance, replacement or repair activities and checking of working of goods after activities.
- Indicate difficult and/or re-occurring disturbances and repairs, report to Engineering Manager and advise on necessary adaptations.
- Performing periodical control and maintenance activities on installations and equipment through the assemblage/cleaning of parts and adjusting and testing of equipment. Specialist maintenance at elevators, cool machines, fire report installation and computer equipment is put out.
- Performing small architectural maintenance activities in the building, guestrooms
- Repair of tile work, painting work, etc.
- Independently check and repair the water heating, water household, kettles, air heating, cool installation pump, need generator, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Notice of deviations and adjusting the accompanying distribution systems.
- Contact external businesses for larger or more specialist work, disturbances or repairs with regard to maintenance contracts.
- Accompany and assist maintenance clerks of external businesses.
- Preparation of installation of new equipment through clearing spaces, disassembling lighting and getting equipment.
- Perform small installation activities on electrical territory such as pulling cables.
- Assist during large projects executed by external companies.
- Look after light- and sound installation.
- Installation of sounds installation and lighting
- Place and connect small equipment, such as LCD projectors, laptops, video equipment, etc. in conference rooms.
- Explaining working equipment to guests.
- Managing small supply and ordering of necessary additions.
- Managing own work space.
- Keep up meter positions logbook.
- Answer questions of guests.
To successfully fulfil this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviour, skills, and values:
- Relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and flexible
- Pay attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own and in teams
- Willingness to develop team members and yourself
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Shift Engineer
Requisition ID: HOT0486B