Army Installation Management Command POSTAL OPERATIONS ASSISTANT in Schinnen, Netherlands
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
*About the Positions:*
This is an open-continuous announcement. The first cut-off date for referral is 19 July 2017. After that date, candidates will be rated and referred to management as vacancies occur.
Candidates' application package remains valid until the closing date of this announcement or until the applicants are selected or remove themselves from consideration.
Candidates who decline consideration or selection or receive a letter notifying them that they are ineligible due to missing documents may re-establish active consideration by submitting a new application package and will be considered when the next referral list is issued to management.
SCHINNEN/BRUNSSUM, THE NETHERLANDS
The positions are located in Schinnen, the Netherlands. The surrounding area is a small town located approx 15 minutes from Joint Forces Command (JFC) Brunssum, the Netherlands; surrounded by many small towns and a few large cities; not far from the German border (Aachen). The average weather is mild with little extremes of hot or cold seasonal conditions. For additional information please visit http://www.usagbenelux.eur.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants in the local commuting area who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. However, current Civilian Army employees may apply worldwide. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (other than DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for Reinstatement
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible for Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment (FMNP)
You will serve as a Postal Operations Assistant in postal facilities of IMCOM-Europe located in Schinnen, the Netherlands. You will perform manual and automated processing of incoming and outgoing mail. You will operate various customer-service windows which involve postal finance, accountable mail, official mail and in/out processing of package delivery. You will operate a step side van or similar vehicle incidental to postal operations duties.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VRA, 30% disabled veterans, Military Spouses)
Questions? This job is open to 4 groups.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230:
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf
- Must be able to obtain and maintain GOV License
- Must complete the Postal Service Center (PSC) training module within
- 6 months of employment
- Must complete HAZMAT handling & processing training prior to handling mail
- Secret clearance required
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience is defined as: experience in performing manual and automated processing of incoming and outgoing mail, operating various customer service windows handling Postal Finance, Accountable Mail, Official Mail, and Package Delivery, and driving a step side van or similar vehicle involved in postal operations duties.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lover grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Postal Operations
- Customer services skills
- Automated systems knowledge
Time in Grade Restriction: Must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the GS-05 grade (or equivalent).
Substitution of Education is not applicable at the GS-06 level.At the GS-06 level, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone- substitution of education for experience is generally not applicable.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two-year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must complete the Postal Service Center (PSD) training module with-in six (6) months of employment.
- Shift Work, weekends, and/or holidays required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a military motor vehicle operator's license.
- Must complete Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) handling and processing training prior to handling the mail.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds, stand for long periods of time.
- A pre-employment physical is required.
- Annual leave will not normally be granted for the period of 15 November to 15 January except for emergencies.
- Employee is held accountable for monetary imbalances when performing postal finance duties.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the July 26, 2012, Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25, Volume 1230, (www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf).
- Annual Leave will not be granted for the period 15 Nov to 15 Jan except for emergencies.
- Employee will be held accountable for monetary imbalances when performing postal finance duties.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- As a current Federal employee in the competitive service with career or career-conditional status, you may apply for this temporary position and will automatically be considered as a reinstatement eligible. You will be converted from your permanent appointment to the non-status, time-limited appointment without a break in service and will carry all of your current federal benefits with you (e.g. retirement, TSP, health and life).
- This position is a temporary position and may be extended in one year increments up to a maximum of three years.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/473763300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-06 to 2017-12-31
Salary: $31,819 to $41,368 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 06
Series: 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Temporary NTE 30-SEP-2018
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: EUJU171623001983176S
Control number: 473763300