Microsoft Corporation Commercial Category Manager in Schiphol, Netherlands
Commercial Category Manager
The Consumer and Device Sales (CDS) organization works with ecosystem partners to build, market and sell a winning portfolio that delights customers and earns fans around the world.
The new commercial category manager would be the hub for the country/region of the Pro and server businesses. They drive the strategy, investment priorities, goals by account and engage with sales teams and OEM marketing to develop plans that are landed thru the account and marketing team. The category manager will also support correction of error (COE) planning with account and marketing teams.
The Impact You’ll Be Making;
• Analysis and Insight (10%)- Use internal and external data/research to assess industry/market trends, incorporate new concepts in to marketing strategies, position Microsoft products in the competitive ecosystem and understand the relevance of Microsoft products in partner portfolios.
• Marketing Principles (25%)- Develop integrated marketing plans and strategic market objectives by channel partner, drive marketing execution, and measure execution and return on investment (ROI).
• Strategic Business Planning (10%)- Create strategic business objectives and category plans across all commercial customer touch points, coordinate partner segmentation and prioritization, and strategically influence assortment and volume builds, and execute against the product lifecycle.
• Consultative Leadership (20%)- Influence partners with category expertise, drive the sales motion across the channels, impact and influence the product business groups and drive cross group collaboration.
• Business Operational Excellence (20%)- Execute against scorecards and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, drive inventory management,
• Leadership (15%)- Influence across boundaries that delivers expected results.
Who We Are Looking For / Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Four Year college degree required – MBA preferred
• 10+ years relevant commercial experience in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain Mgmt, ideally at other devices companies
• Proven success at business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
• Partner and market insights
• Analysis and data mining to drive insights
• Strategic business planning
• Executive & Intercultural communication skills
• Strong partner relationships
• Cross group collaboration
• Forward looking and strategic thinking
• Consultative leadership
• Business operational excellence
• New product launch know how (economics, process, program, skills)
• Courage/risk taking
• Leading and thriving in ambiguity
• Strong coach and teacher of others
Diversity and Inclusion is not just a statement on paper at Microsoft; it’s a core value, business imperative, and an investment in our people. We strongly believe that mixed teams achieve better results and encourage females to apply for this role. Marketing