CB&I Technical Buyer in The Hague, Netherlands
Title: Technical Buyer
Location: NL-ZH-The Hague
- Selection of potential sellers in consultation with Manager Procurement. Formalize bidders list.
- Negotiates with potential sellers in foreign languages, minimum being English and German.
- To be able to carry out meetings/negotiations independently.
- Prepare commercial minutes of meetings.
- Analyse requisition packages/bids on their quality.
- Prepare inquiries and obtain sufficient acceptable quotations.
- Handles and evaluates all transportation and related logistic matters.
- Prepare and obtain approvals on commercial bid tabulations and recommendations.
- Discuss the technical evaluation with the engineer concerned.
- Place purchase orders.
- Provide all information required to Project Control Department.
- Maintain the requisition and purchase order status reports.
- Handle NCR's related to sellers and NCR's from clients (if applicable) in cooperation with the Project Manager.
- Expedite to ensure timely delivery.
- Review of seller invoices because of possible back charges seller.
- Organizes and maintains inspection services at the sellers’ workshops & manufacturing facilities.
- Prepared, if needed, to visit Sellers premises for trouble shooting world-wide
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering;
- 2-5 years of procurement (Buyer) experience in the Oil and Gas industry;
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of the procurement process;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel);
- Fluent in English (requirement). Dutch is a preference.
- Valid work permit for the Netherlands.
Job Field: Purchasing
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: Oct 12, 2017, 2:26:53 AM
Requisition ID: 1709385
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.