Oracle Full Stack Software Developer in Utrecht, Netherlands
Full Stack Software Developer
What you will do:
Designing and developing cutting-edge web applications and services on top of an emerging cloud infrastructure. This role involves writing code for big data visualizations, developer tools, monitoring and provisioning apps as well as their server-side parts.
You will work closely with research groups, software engineers and product managers.
About Oracle Labs
Oracle Labs is the advanced R&D arm of Oracle, we focus on the development of technologies that keep Oracle at the forefront of the computer industry.
Oracle Labs is the only organization at Oracle which is devoted exclusively to research.
Candidates should hold a BsC in computer science or other technical field, with a thorough understanding in the following areas:
- usability and user interfaces
- user interaction and user experience design
- responsive code for Desktop, Mobile and Tablet
- relational data design and database queries
CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
Good presentation and writing skills are required
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience in:
- semantic HTML5, CSS3 (and a CSS preprocessor of your choice)
- jQuery, lodash and other popular libraries
- Experience with REST APIs and the concepts of RESTful architecture.
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Ruby, C or C#
- Experience with web server frameworks like Sails, Jersey, Rails, Spring
- Experience with Linux and setting up/maintaining webservers
- Experience with modern software development tools and best practices (IDEs, distributed version control, build and continuous integration tools)
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience testing code on cross platforms and browsers
- Strong communication skills to participate in continuous two-week sprint cycle intervals and collaborate with multiple teams for design direction
- Bonus points if you're familiar with:
- Docker/Docker Compose
- Data Visualization Libraries (e.g. D3, cytoscape.js or others)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire