ASML Building Automation & Facility Monitoring Consultant in Veldhoven, Netherlands
How would you mastermind a fully automated, real-time, high-tech facility monitoring system? One that covers no less than 45 state-of-the-art technical installations. How would you build on what we already have, and deliver a new “central nervous system” for our 10,000-strong campus? One that would provide all the data we need to maximize facility performance and minimize risk and cost. If you have some ideas, we would like to meet you.
Your mission is to improve our building automation and facility monitoring systems. This will improve and support the effectiveness and efficiency of our operation team but also provide “real-time” insight on the working of our technical installations, which you will use to increase their availability. By improving our monitoring systems through automation you will increase quality and simultaneously reduce costs. However, while you mission may be straightforward, the means to achieve it are complex, challenging and require vision and creativity. That is because we have all the systems and processes already in place, and they seem to work. But are they working optimally? That´s why you will be expected to ask the questions nobody has asked yet. That´s why you will need to challenge our contractors and examine the why´s and how´s of their systems and set-points - and where necessary change them. We believe that there is much to be gained by tweaking set-points, rationalizing PLCs, and by aggregating multiple data sets, for example. And of course, by helping to design and specify entirely new facilities in our growing campus. This is a highly ambitious task, and you will be expected to prioritize and take your own lead. It’s also one that offers enormous opportunity to deliver highly valuable and measurable results.
You will be the functional owner of our Facility Monitoring System (FMIS), from sensors to PLC, SCADA, and Building Management System. Your duties include:
- Maintain up to date know-how on technology
- Defining optimum System Infrastructure to secure business continuity, safety and security
- Securing system integrity (capacity, safety, alarm level, backup system) of on-line monitoring of technical installations 24/7
- Validate the concept, PID, FMEA, HAZOP and managing the commissioning testplan and test results for key projects affecting automation
- Analyze and propose new projects to minimize downtime, reduce safety risk. improve performance of technical installations, and create faster diagnostics
- Second line Technical Response Team (TRT)
- First interface towards our external suppliers of automation products/services
- Deliver updated Masterplan NL Automation and FMIS infrastructure to Global Asset Manager
- Together with the Operation & Maintenance team, optimize BMS to reduce false alarms
- Develop and maintain facility automation and monitoring system concepts and standards
- Participate in capital projects, defining user and technical requirements, other starting points and acceptance criteria
MSc in Electrical and Control, or equivalent technical study.
5-10 years of relevant work experience
Content driven, Creative problem solving. Hands on and conceptual - In-depth analytical skills. Excellent verbal and written English.
Context of the position
Reports to Competence Manager Asset engineering.
You are familiar with Capacity management. Minimum cost, maximum performance.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-10-12
Functional area: Facility Management, Information Technology, Project Management, Industrial Engineering
Background: Electronics, Others - Technical, Information Technology