ASML Competency Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process.
CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices.
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field, to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in the competence Flow and Temperature you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters for the high-volume installed base.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (=Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab.
You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with the Development & Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain sectors. Your awareness of the environment in which your field service colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify and solve gaps in our service mix and to deliver end-user feedback in improvement projects in Veldhoven.
In the ASML product life cycle you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues of the high-volume installed base at our customers.
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS
- Handshake and validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support.
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical area.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in an engineering or customer support role.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Context of the position
Position in the Organization Competency Engineering is part of CS Service Engineering in the Operations group. The CS SE Competency Engineer reports to the group lead CS SE Competency Engineering.
Context of the position The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-08-14
Functional area: Customer Support
Background: Mathematics, Mechanics, Optics, Physics