ASML Contamination control Sr. Architect in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you an experienced architect or lead engineer? Can you translate high level contaminational control requirements into SMART work packages? And do you have a PhD in physics, mechanical engineering or chemical engineering? Then come join ASML as our new Defectivity Senior Architect!
The group System Particle Contamination Control is responsible for optimizing the system’s performance by providing the means and methods to prevent, detect, analyze, predict, control and eliminate particle contamination sources in the scanner. Furthermore, the group must ensure that the designs of the tools and systems are industrializeable.
Each EUV system as a whole must be such that the particle levels on the reticle, wafers, optics and sensors are according to specification. To achieve this at system level, contamination level budgets are in place for modules and parts, which are challenged by the architect. In order to be able to do so, the architect must have, or be able to learn, thorough system and module knowledge. Combined with knowledge of particle generation processes (materials, coatings, vacuum), particle transport processes (gas flows, inertia) and particle deposition processes (adhesion, bonding) and mixed with common sense, there will be a great challenge to forge design changes and design optimizations into work packages and support their execution by the required projects. Finally, the architect will have a firm role in the interfaces with the EUV customers.
Physics, mechanical engineering or chemical engineering, preferably PhD.
- 10 year industrial experience in multi-disciplinary roles.
- Has experience in an architect role, or/and a lead engineer role.
- Is familiar with “contamination control”.
- Vacuum systems experience is a pre
- Has experience with customer contact
- Can translate (high level) requirements into SMART work packages (including staffing and timing input).
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude, can make realistic proposals to tackle complex issues.
- Can get people on board (influencing without formal power/negotiating skills), has good communicational skills (verbal and written), can make sure the work packages are accepted and executed.
- Can work independently in a dynamic, explorative environment.
- Highly committed and flexible (working outside office hours, changing requirements and boundary conditions).
- Robust personality is a must.
- MatLab knowledge is a pre
- Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Asia).
- Driving license
Context of the position
Our challenge is to develop, integrate and qualify the EUV systems according to customer specifications, and deliver within time and budget. The Wafer Clamping & Particle Contamination Controldepartment is part of the sector EUV in development and engineering. Do you enjoy using your creativity to the develop a complex system, do you like solving multi-disciplinary problems, do you like teamwork, sharing your vision, and interacting and working together with many different disciplines? If so you will enjoy ASML – it will be a great opportunity for your professional development and personal growth.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader EUV System Particle Contamination Control and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: >10 Senior
Available since: 2017-05-30
Functional area: Research & Development, Project Management, Quality
Background: Physics, Mechanics, Others - Technical, Chemistry/Material Science