ASML Corporate Intellectual Property - Licensing Counsel in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you a top performing, commercially minded lawyer with a passion for technology and experienced with intellectual property issues and technology licensing?
Advising, drafting and negotiating of license/Intellectual property contracts with third parties.
As Licensing Counsel you provide advice on intellectual property issues in a broad range of commercial transactions relating to patent and technology licenses, R&D;, Procurement and technology development consortiums supported by state aid.
Besides this you will be responsible for f.e.:
- Assisting in drafting and negotiation of IP related agreements
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of processes and strategies to address IP issues relating to ASML products and services.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level IP lawyer to join ASML’s international high-tech manufacturing environment, supporting the Corporate Intellectual Property Department across a broad spectrum of global IP issues and transactions._ _
Are you solution oriented, quick to adapt and understand complex and fast changing systems and processes, always looking to improve and have a superior eye for detail and legal quality?
A law degree and excellent academic credentials
- 2-6 years of relevant experience, either as in-house legal counsel or within a law firm;
- Substantial technical experience relating to complex systems and ideally semiconductors;
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills;
- The ideal candidate would be licensed to practice before at least one patent office but a lawyer that is not licensed to practice patent law will be considered if they have substantial familiarity with patent law.
- A goal oriented IP lawyer;
- Able to develop an understanding of complex technical questions and interact with engineering and R&D; personnel;
- Flexible, with the ability to work on numerous projects in parallel;
- Highly motivated, proactive and service oriented;
- Able to clearly communicate and explain IP issues to non-legal clients (often with an engineering background);
- Able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Able to work independently and in teams;
- Proficient in (business) English;
- Occasional travel to Asia, the US and within Europe (once a year).
Context of the position
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment. With 70 locations worldwide in 16 countries, ASML has an international presence in the semiconductor industry.
Within ASML, the Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department is responsible for maximizing ASML’s global intellectual property position to protect and support ASML’s business. In particular, the CIP department strives to preserve freedom to operate for ASML and to establish and maintain a portfolio of patent rights.
At the CIP department, about 60 people work in four locations (Veldhoven in the Netherlands and Wilton, San Diego and Silicon Valley in the USA) to accomplish the above-stated mission.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
ASML Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-06-29
Functional area: General Management, Legal