ASML Corporate Risk Manager in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by determining the organization’s appetite and level of control over its main risks, providing expertise, advice and direction? A leading role in Corporate Risk and Assurance.
- To develop and implement an effective Corporate Risk Management methodology and related tooling that will support Risk Management Policies and strategies to deliver upon agreed targets. In this role you will have a specific focus on information security risks.
- Work closely with senior management, leading the effort to assess and evaluate the corporate risk landscape
- Interact frequently with senior management, mobilize the organization and collaborate in the development and implementation of risk mitigation policies and programs
- Serve as steward/champion across the entire Risk landscape.
Contributes to tactical objectives of Corporate Risk Management by:
- Translating Corporate Risk Management Strategy in appropriate risk management means, methods and tooling.
- Developing appropriate reporting processes for communicating risk management performance to senior management.
Supporting maintenance of the ASML risk universe and landscape through:
Gathering and analyzing evidence to support setting of risk appetite, requirements.
Executing of Risk & Control assessments covering relevant management system standards including COSO, ISO and EICC.
Reporting findings to management and securing agreement on appropriate risk response actions
Monitoring follow up of management actions and escalating overdue items
Elevating emerging risks where appropriate
Executing Risk Deep Dives to determine likelihood and impact of risks as well as making recommendations to management about implementing appropriate risk responses.
- Advising on global risk management best practices.
- Developing risk capabilities within the organization by educating and linking different groups and functions
A master degree in Business Economics, Risk Management or Technology
- At least 10 years of work experience preferably in a similar business environment.
- Advanced knowledge on Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Background in Information Security with knowledge of relevant standards
- Previous relevant experience within a corporate environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with business and department leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and project skills
Innovative thinker who can constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking and introduce new ideas.
A strong and effective leader who can drive alignment and execution across a matrix organization.
A broad proactive mindset, exceptional listening and superb skills at creating new possibilities.
Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
Resilient and able to adapt to significant challenges.
Excellent interpersonal, advocacy and political skills.
Strong customer service commitment for internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to establish and meet deadlines; ability to establish clear priorities quickly.
Excellent reputation for integrity and judgment.
A team player who can also work independently.
Context of the position
The sector Corporate Risk & Assurance (CR&A;) is responsible for central coordination of risk management activities and for providing assurance to the Board of Management and Supervisory Board regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control mechanisms. The sector consists of the following departments: Internal Audit, Corporate Risk Management and the Ethics Office. Within CR&A;, Corporate Risk Mangement is dedicated to support management in managing enterprise risks and risk that affect the long term business sustainability.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-13
Functional area: Legal, Project Management, Finance & Accounting, Quality, General Management
Background: Business Administration, Law, Business Economics, Others - Non Technical