ASML Customer Support - Service Development and Engineering - Diagnostic Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you looking for a challenging position in which you drive Diagnostic solutions to enable our Service Engineers to reach Operational Excellence at our customer and define Customer Service requirements for the future? Then this might be your next challenge.
You will act as the lead engineer for diagnostic service development; you will be responsible for driving diagnostic requirements and their implementation. You will need to enhance your complex knowledge of how to design for service in a unique and highly demanding environment where performance, availability and costs are the major driving forces. Moreover, since service is a labor intensive activity, determining organizational impact and gauging human aspects are key components as well.
In addition to excellent analytical skills, you will need communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents that are charged with implementing your requirements for process, software, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You have Functional domain ownership in driving for efficiency, cost reduction, continuous improvement and knowledge management. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator in order to effectively engage and motivate stakeholders.
As a Customer Support (CS) Diagnostic Engineer you are responsible for the definition and verification of new Diagnostic Data Flow (DDF) such that these can be used, maintained and delivers required specifications to meet operations requirements. You will participate in the definition, realization and verification activities.
- Responsible for the diagnostic process and product performance verification and qualification.
- Responsible for technical review of project deliverables (performance qualification).
- Concerning processes and service product performance issues support is given to both internal (CS, Production Engineering, Marketing) and external customers.
- Perform analysis of Diagnostic issues of ASML systems at our customers.
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements to the Diagnostic service mix (process, means, and methods)
- Drive Diagnostic Data Flow creation for existing and new products toward Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support.
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers and CS central in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- Facilitate and maintain a global Diagnostic network.
Your interfaces are within the sector CS with IB and NPI Program Management, the CS Field Organization and Central Field Support, and cross sector with Development & Engineering (D&E;) and Factory (TF and EF) You are a member of the CS Service Development and engineering Diagnostic group and have every day contacts with your colleagues in the group, project teams, Field, D&E;, and Factory.
Master degree in technical science (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Preferably 3 years or more work experience in high tech engineering environment.
- Eagerness to learn and expand your skill set,
- Result-oriented and high stress-tolerance.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English
The following skills are not a pre-requisite but provide advantage:
Affinity with high tech systems development.
Context of the position
CS Service Design Diagnostics has two main tasks:
Supporting the CS Management Team in realizing the vision and strategy with the definition of diagnostic roadmaps, building blocks and projects for processes, software, organization and supporting infrastructure.
Owning and driving the CS requirements for PGP and non-PGP products: a) CS Service Development and Engineering Diagnostics defines the diagnostic serviceability requirements for PGP products and processes to ensure CS can use and maintain these products at the ASML committed performance to Customers with acceptable cost. b) CS Service Development and Engineering Diagnostics translate the CS requirements for new NON-PGP products into a product design. During the design and integration process Service Design Diagnostics guides project teams, guards the specifications and verifies the performance at product level at the end of the development process. The definition and validation work is carried out in close cooperation with the CS System Engineering (SE).
Willing to travel, several times per year (USA, Asia), 15% of the time.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader CS Service Development and Engineering Diagnostics and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-05-17
Functional area: Customer Support
Background: Mechatronics, Electronics, Information Technology, Physics