ASML EDEV - Embedded Logic Firmware Designer / FPGA Designer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by the FPGA Firmware embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and experience in the design of FPGA FW systems? We might be looking for you!
As a Embedded Logic Firmware Designer / FPGA Designer, your mission is to define, realize and maintain the realization of FPGA Firmware designs that belong to ASML’s company-internal library. This library is used to create and maintain electronics that is embedded in the ASML products.
The Embedded Logic Firmware Designer / FPGA Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as a FPGA Firmware designer in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define and document requirements for the FPGA Firmware designs.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies the requirements.
- Solve IP-block related problems and manage problem resolution during first system integration.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in the design of programmable logic (experience in the use of the VHDL design language is a strong plus).
- Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic but also digital design in general.
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Ability to convince others of certain design choices based on arguments.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E; the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The Embedded Logic Firmware Designer / FPGA Designer reports to the group leader or delegated team leader.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-10-10
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Others - Technical, Mechatronics, Electronics