ASML Electrical Design Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As an Electrical Connectivity Engineer, you are designing, realizing and to a limited extent qualifying / integrating mains and safety infrastructure (cable harness / electronics racks & boards / electronics units / mains-distribution / PLC units) of the ASML products.
The Electrical Connectivity Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Operate in multidisciplinary team.
- Management of the electrical interfaces between the modules in the product
- Specify, document and maintain requirements of the various mains distribution and safety handling modules
- Design and document of the various mains distribution and safety handling infrastructure modules that meet the international standards on electrical safety and EMC.
- Specify, document and execute tests to ensure that electrical products satisfy the requirements.
- Participate in realization of electrical products.
- Make a personal work breakdown and a planning
- Depending on experience manage outsourcing of electrical modules.
- Act as a technical coach for other designers.
Bachelor degree (HBO) in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- Practical multiple years experience in Electrical system design in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics / cabling / mains / safety / diagnose / electronics cooling.
- Multiple years of experience in printed circuited board design or electrical infrastructure design, preferable with the mentor graphics tool suite
- Has experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes.
- Has knowledge of electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC power distribution and signal transmission.
- Has knowledge on EMC and electrical safety (International (IEC) standards, US standards (NFPA, UL)
- Has knowledge on analogue and digital circuitry and power electronics
- Has the ability to set up cabling concepts.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills;
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E;, the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products.
Within EDEV the group Mains & Safety Infrastructure is responsible for the study, definition, realization and qualification of the mains power distribution, electrical- and machine safety of the complete ASML products.The Electrical Connectivity Engineer will report to the group leader Mains & Safety Infrastructure
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-05-12
Background: Others - Non Technical, Physics, Mechanics