ASML ELECTRO-MECHANICAL DESIGN EXPERT in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As an Electro-Mechanical Design Expert, you are defining, realizing, maintaining and managing the design rules and TPD guidelines for Electronic Development (EDEV) related electrical products of the ASML machines and working in close corporation with the EME Competence Lead, EME competence team members, and design experts to tune overall activities, deliverables, priorities, targets and required resources.
The Electro-Mechanical design expert is the “knowledge carrier” of the Electro-Mechanical part of the EDEV designs, and is responsible for developing and maintaining the (NX) design and TPD guidelines for these designs, such as:
- Electronic cabinets, racks, modules and assemblies
- Cable routing, cable bundling, flex cables, and wiring, design
- Back panels, connection boards and flex PCBA’s
Except knowledge about the design rules of these products, the Electro-Mechanical design expert should have also general knowledge about related (ASML) requirements and standards, such as:
- (Identification) labeling.
- Cleaning and packaging.
- Cost of Goods.
- Reliability, Availability, Manufacturability, Serviceability and lessons learned.
- Material and treatment specifications. (e.g. RoHS)
- EMC, ESD, Cooling.
- TPD and Bill of Material structure and part attributes.
Other activities of the Electro-Mechanical design experts are:
- Deliver and maintain design rule documentation (incl. example TPD), based on manufacturing, service, logistical and Lessons Learned feedback.
- Roll-out new and updated design rules (by training, presentations) to the EME design team (Veldhoven, Wilton and San Diego (USA) and co-developers) including publication on EME design SharePoint pages.
- Participate in (design) road mapping and introduction of new technologies.
- Attend EME design related design reviews to be involved in the projects and know their needs (new designs, components, documentation) and feedback for possible EME design and review process checklists.
- Support EME related design improvements and initiatives.
Bachelor or Master degree in Electro-Mechanical and/or packaging Engineering or similar level acquired by working experience
- Practical multiple years’ in Electro-Mechanical (NX) design and TPD experience in a similar function in a multidisciplinary organization
- Broad technical knowledge on electromechanical designs.
- Initiative, pro-active, responsible
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness. Pragmatic attitude.
- Quality focus.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E; the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The Electro-Mechanical Design expert reports to the EME Competence Leader.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-06-12
Background: Others - Non Technical, Mechanics, Optics, System Integration