ASML Electro Mechanical Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by specification, design, realization and qualification of the electrical (sub) modules for new and existing ASML products? And do you have multiple years of experience as an Electro Mechanical Designer, complimented with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering? We might be looking for you!
As an Electro Mechanical Designer, your mission is to specify, design, realize, maintain and qualify electrical (sub) modules(*) for new and existing ASML products.
(*): Cables, racks, cabinets, boxes with electronics, connection boxes, connection plates, back panels, fan units etc.
The Electro Mechanical Designer is responsible for the specification, design, realization, maintenance and qualification of electrical (sub) modules.
- Act as an Electronics Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define, document and maintain designs of the electrical (sub) modules and electrical infrastructure.
- 2D and 3D CAD design of various electrical (sub) modules.
- Generate TPD (technical product documentation) of various electrical (sub) modules
- Interact with colleagues from the Mechatronics and Mechanical department.
- Act as an interface to external suppliers.
- Make work breakdown and planning, agreed with other stakeholders.
- Maintain high quality level by organizing reviews of own work, and participating in reviews from other designers.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Solve problems during product integration.
- Analyze and solve reliability issues.
Bachelor degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1+ years experience as designer, including experience with multidisciplinary module design.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD design of complex products, preferably experience with NX.
- Technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety.
- Highly motivated team player with good social and communication skills.
- Self-propelling, takes initiative/ownership in daily work.
- Structured, with eye for quality and details.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Fluent English in speech and in writing (Dutch preferable).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the cluster D&E; Mechatronics Hardware the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Applications Electronics is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for all Applications products.
The Electro Mechanical Designer will report to the group leader Applications Electronics.
Be advised that this concerns a (long term) flex opportunity with expected duration till 31-08-2018. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML’s preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML’s remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-06-30
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Mechanics, Electronics, Others - Technical, Mathematics