ASML Electronics - Computing Platform Designer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded computer hardware? We might be looking for you!
Are you challenged by the architecture and associated hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and experience or affinity with designing embedded computer systems? We might be looking for you! * Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches/cabling and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products.
- Participate in the design and realization of computer systems electronics products.
- Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on knowledge of existing Commercially Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements.
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration.
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
- Experience or affinity with designing embedded computer systems.
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E; the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV the group System Electrical Architecture (SEA) is responsible for the architecture, design, realization and qualification of electrical functions that are relevant for the system as a whole (i.e. not only for a particular subsystem or component). Within the scope of the SEA group are also all computer systems that are embedded in these systems. Other Information
The Designer will report to the group leader System Electrical Architecture.
Be advised that this concerns a flex opportunity with an option to become a regular ASML employee after 12 months. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML’s preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML’s remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-06-30
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Software Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics