ASML Engineer/ Competence Lead Metrology /Sensing in Veldhoven, Netherlands
The D&E; Applications Hardware department has a very interesting position for an engineer in the Industrialization group who feels challenged in improving the production & service processes to ensure product quality, optimal Availability, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’ for Manufacturing and Service. Next to dealing with the content, the position concerns to lead the Sensing/Metrology competence as a Senior Engineer.
The Industrialization group provides the people, means, methods and deliverables for the industrialization of the YieldStar sensing and metrology functions.
Guard the industrialization aspects in early KD phases, support proto and pilot production (work preparation, troubleshooting and knowledge transfers) and transfer the industrialization deliverables towards the operational sectors (Manufacturing and Customer support).
As a competence lead you ensure that the Industrial metrology and sensing competencies are developed and maintained by identifying, defining and embedding all related knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes.
The work of an Industrialization Engineer consists of:
- Providing active input in project definition regarding manufacturability and serviceability of designs,
- Providing industrialization deliverables (Procedures, PCS, routing etc) towards the operational sectors (Manufacturing and Customer support),
- Provide operational feedback (CT, Availability, reliability, DOA’s) to the projects and functions,
- Support Proto, Pilot and incidentally Volume systems,
- Knowledge transfer to Veldhoven factories and local service organizations (KT's + Training on the job).
- Participate in cross sectorial meetings with operational sectors.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or Electronics
2-5 years of experience in:
- a production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- complex optical systems
- troubleshooting metrology systems
- mechanical structures
- competence leadership
- Strong technical background, interested in product and process
- Business sense
- Strong social and communication skills
- Stakeholder manager
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Team player
- Focused on quality, continuous improvement, need of the customer.
- Very active, plenty of initiative
- Willingness for foreign travel (max 10%)
- Adequate English language skills, verbally and in writing
Context of the position
The Yieldstar Hardware group is, within the sector Development and Engineering of ASML, part of the Applications department. The task of this department is to develop and deliver ASML solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors.
Industrialization within the Yieldstar Hardware group is providing the competence to drive the operational requirements Reliability, Availability, Cycle Time and Cost into the early design phases of the Business Lines’ products.
The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader AD DE HW Industrialization.
Contact information If you have any questions about this position or this department, please contact Edgar Dekker (Recruiter) via +31 (0)6-30 98 88 11. If you wish to apply, please upload your resume and cover letter via the link “Apply for this job” below this job description.
Engineer, metrology, sensing, physics, design, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability, specifying, industrialization, inspiring, manufacturing, service
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-06-27
Functional area: Industrial Engineering, Research & Development
Background: Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanics, Physics