ASML EUV Optics Lifetime Senior Manager in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you the experienced technical (senior) manager with great interest in Optics Lifetime? Would you like to improve our data analysis of our Collector, Illuminator and Projection Optics Box (P.O.B)? Is Change management at all levels within ASML your second nature? Do you want exposure to Department Managers and Vice President level? Then the ASML EUV Source Performance department is an ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Our EUV Optics Lifetime group aims to achieve optimal and reliable EUV system performance by predicting and securing EUV optics lifetime, through contamination control and degradation prevention.
The group provides the specification of and delivers integral EUV system solutions for optics lifetime. This work is done in close collaboration with System Engineering. The challenge is to translate EUV system and customer application requirements into design proposals to secure optimal transmission of the EUV optics over lifetime of the systems. This is validated and verifiedby modelling, (offline) testing and monitoring the installed base. The designs are to meet the requirements for manufacturability and serviceability at minimized/agreed cost.
You will be leading a group of 30 engineers in the EUV Source Performance department. You act as solution provider for customer related Optics lifetime challenges. You drive and develop the Optics lifetime roadmap and use that to achieve alignment with program management on the contents and staffing of development projects. From an integral system aspect you set requirements for the relevant system functions. You stimulate and facilitate the personal development of group members.
Your main responsibilities are:
- The sr. Manager hires, coaches and instructs the members of the group: assigns tasks, sets priorities, solves problems, monitors budgets
- The sr. Manager organizes a strong engagement with local teams at customer sites to realize visibility on performance of the installed base.
- The sr. Manager takes care that interaction and stakeholder management with the diverse and relevant parties (research, D&E; incl. scanner development, CS and customers) is in place.
- The sr. Manager takes care that the group has a balanced focus on providing long and short term Optics Lifetime solutions.
- The sr. Manager contributes to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and departmental planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources and methods etc.
- Owner of the development and maintenance of Optics Lifetime competence roadmap. You ensure the availability and adoption of best known methods, standards and tooling. You facilitate an effective learning feedback cycle and manage the relations of other competence owners in and outside ASML.
- In cooperation with departmental leaders and project management, the sr. Manager is responsible for the planning and allocation of human resources to the various project activities.
MSc or PhD degree in Technical/Applied Physics, Chemistry or similar.
You have a proven experience and affinity with team or project leadership (> 5 years) in the technical industry
- You are an open, creative, structured, and result oriented leader with an eye for people.
- You bring initiative, discipline and team spirit in our dynamic working environment.
- You are willing to challenge and improve upon organizational structures and way of working, and attune changes with stakeholders outside your group and the department.
- You are eager to learn, take responsibility and are able to step into the mind of a customer.
- You have good communicational and influencing skills, a good command of the English language, and you able to simplify complex technical information into steering information and execution plans.
- You are a problem solver that combines a strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude, with focus on result, people, process, and continuous improvement to maximize impact of the team.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: >10 Senior
Available since: 2017-02-23
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Optics, Physics, Mechatronics, Mathematics, System Integration, Mechanics, Electronics