ASML Fluid dynamics Experimentalist/Specialist in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to provide innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
ASML Research is looking for a Fluid Dynamics experimentalist and specialist with interest in developing understanding of complex fluid dynamics problems. The understand should be translated in as simple and robust as possible technical solutions that can be implemented in ASML equipment.
Due to smaller and smaller overlay specification it get more and more difficult to maintain this specification over the machine or WT WC lifetime. Inventions are needed to secure the performance over the full lifetime of a Wafer Table / Wafer Clamp Design.
- Analyze fluid dynamics concepts and support designers for future module concepts (e.g. Wafer table solutions).
- Be able to perform analytical estimation of divers fluid dynamics problems.
- Setup experimental, take responsibility of execution, conclusions reporting and define next steps.
- Technical alignment and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute in developing new ideas/concepts in the form of invention disclosures.
PhD degree in Fluid dynamics, with experimental interest and skills.
- The candidate is expected to be able to define test plans and build setups and perform tests.
- Mastering flow (and plasma) modeling/simulation tools (e.g. Comsol) is an asset.
- Hands-on mentality
- High creativity
- Positive team player attitude
- Good communication/presenting skills
- Willingness towards learning new things and drive for success are among the prerequisites of the job.
Context of the position
This position is part of the Research department of ASML. Its task is to identify and fill in the technological gaps in the future roadmap of lithography and the lithography market. We work in small teams and deliver a proof of concept that can be transferred to Development and Engineering. We intensively work together with external research institutes and universities.
Keywords: Fluid dynamics; willingness to broaden (technical) horizon; experimentalist; analytical fluid dynamics; hands on mentality.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-10-05
Functional area: Research & Development