ASML Global Continuous Improvement Manager - Customer Support in Veldhoven, Netherlands
In the highly innovative environment of Semiconductor Industry ASML customers are strongly driving the need for day to day improvements in order to achieve their product roadmaps and drive down the cost per wafer. As a Continuous Improvement Lead you are driving the continuous improvement and efficiency of the Customer Support Field Factory division within ASML.
The department Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. This department manages the execution of complex upgrades and installs of ASML machines at customer sites. Mission statement: “Field Factory delivers complex upgrades, relocations and support installs of ASML products at designated costs”. The mission of the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is to be the key player to drive continuous improvement and efficiency of CS Field Factory. In this role you will be responsible to align and guide the high over CI goals and ambitions for several departments in line with the CS business priorities. As member of the department staff you play an important role determining roadmaps and strategies in close cooperation with the Field Factory (FF) staff members. You are expected to coach and educate the other staff members on relevant and new CI topics that will lead to a lean way of thinking across the entire department.
In the role as Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be responsible to:
Build and own the FF continuous improvement roadmap;
Determine impact on FF efficiency and effectiveness for all existing and new initiatives and the roadmap as a whole;
Secure full alignment with the FF Management Team (MT) and other stakeholders on priorities, timing, business impact and ownership of individual initiatives;
Maintain the roadmap in alignment with FF-MT in response to new initiatives and changing business requirements;
- Secure clear scope, deliverables, business case, planning, ownership and structure for all initiatives on the roadmap;
- Manage roadmap progress securing resolution of any roadblocks or issues that put progress and/or targeted business results at risk;
Design and develop continuous improvement competency in FF (skills, roles, structure):
Secure sufficient bandwidth in the organization to execute the roadmap;
Develop skills and competency for continuous improvement in FF;
Organize across FF in alignment with ownership for product and non-product related improvements.
Master level Industrial Engineering background or technical education enhanced with appropriate management training and experience.
- Project-/Program- and change-management professional (e.g. Lean/Six Sigma);
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in international technical business to business environment;
- Experience in developing and managing a structured roadmap consisting of a range of different improvement initiatives and work streams;
- Black Belt is a plus;
- Proven experience in stakeholder- and relation management with all kind of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to analyze and draw conclusions from data or report information;
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Helicopter view and stress resistant;
- Ability to drive change (management) within the existing (international) departments;
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and non-verbal);
- Influencing without power across full range of stakeholders;
- Strong communicator up to Senior Management level.
Context of the position
In this position you will report directly to the Director Field Factory World Wide.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML. Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-05
Functional area: Customer Support
Background: Others - Technical, Electronics, Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanics