ASML Global Support Center Engineer - Software in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts. The goal is to remotely solve technical challenges, however due to complexity of our products an ASML Global Support Center (GSC) engineer often gets the opportunity to travel for problem solving at customer site (up to 30% of your time).
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. To minimize those costs ASML Customer Support organization is responsible to repair the systems as soon as possible. For this reason ASML ensures 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents with offices in the Netherlands, USA and Taiwan.
Each of the incidents seen at customer site are analyzed and documented to prevent similar incidents in future.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging:
- Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC Engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. Involving additional help from development engineers helps to drive fast incident resolution. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at the customer.
- Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future. Collaboration with the departments Industrial Engineering and Development is necessary to establish that goal.
- The diversity of problems in a fast evolving company requires a continuous drive to stay updated and informed on new technologies, functionalities and products. Being eager to learn and absorb this knowledge are very valuable within GSC.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise amongst colleagues within the GSC and with local engineers increases the efficiency of our customer service. Travelling on-site when new system types are introduced to customers is an example of this aspect.
Master degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Chemistry, Aerospace Engineering, Process technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is desired.
Knowledge of ASML equipment on a specialized technical level is a pre
- “Get things done” mentality
- Pro-active attitude
- A fine combination of strong analytical skills & hands-on mentality
- Interpersonal abilities (Can relate well to others, both colleagues and customers)
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written)
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments
- Team player
- Stress resistant
Context of the position
As a GSC SW engineer you will be responsible to troubleshoot & resolve issues related to equipment problems in the sub-competences: Computer Systems, being hardware and software; Operating system (SUN/LINUX); Software facilities (a collection of Data Handling and Configuration Tooling); Lot Operations embedded in automation and reporting and Network components. This requires a strong analytical skill-set combined with clear and understandable communication. Next to that it is required to have affinity with hands-on skills.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-07-13
Background: Optics, Mechatronics, Mechanics