ASML IT - Clearcase Expert in Veldhoven, Netherlands
We are looking for a Clearcase subject matter expert that is challenged by driving engineering improvements. A challenging IT position in one of the most technical developed companies in the world.
Maintain and modify the implementation of the ASML software development environment, in co-operation with departmental architects and the internal customer.
You will take ownership of (parts of) the software development environment as provided to the internal customer. The software development environment is used by approximately 1000 developers. Being challenged by the internal customer and by ourselves (for example performance improvements) we can take the next step to support the developers.
As Clearcase Expert you
- participate as technical expert in executing projects within the IT CCP ST software group;
- define improvement proposals that focusses on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents;
- are a strong partner in discussions with Software Configuration Management System Architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments;
- keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
An interesting position where you will work on projects, changes, adding new features and gathering the requirements from the business.
Why working as Clearcase Expert at ASML?
- Working on the biggest and highest performing Clearcase environment in the world;
- Intensive cooperation with HCL/IBM to get the latest features in the solution;
- Participating in projects for continuous improvement and optimization;
- Very large (and still growing) archive of code, therefore much work and many challenges for the next 10+ years in the domain.
- Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and/or Engineering.
- Proven experience with the IBM Clearcase tooling UCM is a must, experience with clearmake is a pre;
- Experience with scripting is a must;
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments;
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with multiple Configuration implementations.
- Good communication skills are a must;
- Able to handle stress due to issues from demanding customers;
- Show initiative and problem solving attitude;
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality;
- Proficiency in the English language.
Context of the position
The Competence Center Product is a sub-department within the IT organization; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development and engineering department. Within this competence center there are three solution teams: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Clearcase Expert will be active in the software engineering infrastructure team and works in a large team of skilled software lifecycle management specialists. The Software Engineering Infrastructure (SEI) group is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 1000 product software developers within ASML.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
ASML Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-08-01
Functional area: Information Technology
Background: Information Technology