ASML IT - High Performance Computing (HPC) Expert in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you challenged by driving Engineering Improvements and are you able to translate this to an IT Engineering Infrastructure Roadmap and implementation?
Define and maintain the High Performance Computing application and infrastructure landscape, in co-operation with the internal customer and the Solution Team System Architect.
As High Performance Computing Expert you will define Infrastructure and Workload Management roadmap to support ASML business needs on High Performance Computing. You will organize job optimization activities, including helping to optimize jobs to make best use of available compute infrastructure.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define HPC Roadmap and help implementing this Roadmap;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Take ownership of the engineering hardware infrastructure as provided to the internal customer. The engineering environment is used by more than 500 development engineers;
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the hardware infrastructure and computing applications;
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments;
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
At least Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and/or Engineering.
Particularly relevant areas of expertise might include
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as High Performance Computing expert;
- C/C++/Fortran and Pyhon programming;
- IO subsystem, Network fabric and Compute node tuning and monitoring;
- HPC/HPDA application runtime tuning, profiling and monitoring;
- GPU programming, CUDA/OpenCL/OpenACC;
- (Scientific) software development methodologies/carpentry;
- Parallel programming models MPI/OpenMP/PGAS /vectorization.
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Vision and opinion.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
Context of the position
A sub-department within the IT organization is IT Competence Center Big Data & Advanced Analytics. Their vision is that they want to unleash the power of innovative data analytics & collaboration to make a difference for ASML. They do this by providing high end analytics capabilities and collaboration services to the ASML eco-system"
The HPC expert will be part of the High Performance Computing team (5 fte) which is part of the Competence Center Big Data & Advanced Analytics.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2015:18%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-04
Functional area: Information Technology
Background: Software Engineering, Information Technology