ASML Large Frames Designer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you eager to get mechanical issues solved? Are you dreaming to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of designer in Mechanical Constructions at ASML could be the perfect match.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Mechanical Constructions is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
As a Designer in Mechanical Constructions you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Technical University masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Must have before candidates will start: knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and preferably German and Dutch languag
Context of the position
The designer reports to the team leader of the group Mechanical Constructions and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2016-11-21
Functional area: Research & Development, Industrial Engineering
Background: Mechatronics, Mechanics