ASML Laser Light Creation - Group Leader in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Do you want to be part of ASML’s Laser Light Creation and Performance department within EUV and be active in specification, design and engineering, integration and qualification of the ASML products?
Do you want to lead and manage a group of professionals and together achieve the best results ever?
If so, then you are maybe the (Sr) Manager we are looking for!
- Manage and develop a group (around 30-35 people) of highly educated professionals in a specific area of expertise on the aspects related to people, process and product. Part of this group (Laser Light Creation) reports to a (Group) Team Lead ((G)TL), who fully takes care of all managerial tasks for industrial aspects within LLCP. The (G)TL will report to you.
- Define and implement the resource roadmaps for the group.
- Act as function owner, for the laser light creation function FC70, taking responsibility for driving the function roadmap, documentation, training, and diagnostics.
- Interact with project leaders in the development programs and secure allocation of staff in line with program needs. Review project plans and proactively support project realization.
- Together with mono-disciplinary groups (Software, Electronic Development, Mechatronics Development etc.), manage the delivery of designs that meet the requirements stated by the ASML product development programs. This involves activities such as reviews of technical solutions proposed, technical product documentation produced by the group and project management decision documents and coaching of group members.
- Ensure quality of operation of your group by reviewing of technical solutions proposed, procedures, documentation delivered by the group.
- Manage group composition, staffing, growth plans and succession on the short and the mid/long term, including the group charter as part of/supporting the department/cluster charter(s)
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline, such as Optics, Physics, Mechatronics, or (Opto)Mechanics.
At least 8 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi disciplinary products.
Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the discipline physics, optics/ optical performance , opto-mechanics or mechatronics
Experience in managing a team or group of technical professionals is strongly preferred
Experience with strongly innovative projects, driving technical content from your discipline and providing discipline specific inputs towards project plans
Proven track record in dealing with and managing of key suppliers
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers.
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector D&E; is responsible for the specification, design and engineering, integration and qualification of the ASML products. In this sector, departments with different competences specify, design, and qualify the various modules of the ASML products. Each department consists of discipline and/or function oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular competences or functions in ASML equipment. The D&E; EUV Laser Light Creation and Performance department has emphasis on functional and system level specification, design and realization, qualification and integration activities that contribute to the EUV business line.
As a (Sr) Manager of a functional group within the cluster you lead and manage a group of highly educated professionals in a specific area of expertise. The holder of this position reports to the Department Manager of D&E; – EUV Laser Light Creation and Performance.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-12
Functional area: General Management
Background: Physics, Optics, Others - Technical, Mechatronics, Mechanics