ASML Lead Engineer Mechanical Constructions in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Lead Engineer in Mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
As a lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision mechanical function development, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture. You are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface cross project with Lead Engineers, architects and system engineers.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for main frame constructions and service mechanisms.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness.
- Technical communication with suppliers.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Must have before candidates will start: knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out)
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English
- Siemens NX certified professional on modeling, structures, drafting and assemblies.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Mechanical Constructions is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
Position in the Organization
The lead engineer reports to the group leader Mechanical Constructions and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
*Key words *
Mechanical, Electrical mechanical, engineering, machine construction, mechanics, fem, tribology, materials, precision, design, serviceability, manufacturability.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-06-29
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics, Others - Technical