ASML Lead Supply Chain Engineer Mechatronics in Veldhoven, Netherlands
ASML Applications Business Line Lead Supply Chain Engineer Mechatronics (AD DE HW Industrialization)
The Applications Business Line is the fastest growing Business Unit within ASML, providing performance and yield enhancing solutions to our customers. It is characterized by a startup mentality with close customer intimacy and resulting exposure to ASML’s dynamic business environment. Supply Chain Engineering (SCE) is an existing competency within ASML but now to be integrated into the Application Business Line for it’s critical modules. The person in this position will be challenged to set up this competency in this business line and prepare for further growth.
The supply chain engineer develops and maintains the relation with the supplier, at an operational level, with the purpose to create optimal engineering and/or manufacturing collaboration between supplier and ASML. He/she will work closely together with the supplier and the ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation within mechatronic projects. The Supply Chain Engineer will have the responsibility to assure supplier quality. SCE will assure early supplier involvement; starting in specification and concept phase of new mechatronic developments up to release for volume. As Lead SCE the person in this role is responsible for setting up and securing the SCE competency within the Business Line.
As Supply Chain Engineer you are the direct link for optimum engineering collaboration between ASML’s development teams and our mechatronic supplier base. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking and excellent people skills, you’ll work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. By feeding that knowledge back into our development programs, you’ll enable ASML to make the right sourcing decisions.
Main responsibilities (details below):
- Point of contact for information back and forth from Development and Engineering Projects to mechatronic suppliers to secure technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Review manufacturability, costs, serviceability aspects of a design, during design reviews (concept or detailed design)
- PGP deliverables as Statement Of Work, TPD Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation report(s), manufacturing flow(s), P-FMEA, Test Coverage Document(s) and Part Qualification Report**
- Supplier related Zero Hour Defects and Root Cause Analysis judgement; implementing supplier improvement actions in response to quality complaints and nonconforming products/ processes
- Definition of build and qualification strategy in alignment with the ASML Manufacturing Engineer.
- Competency lead for supply chain engineering in the Applications Business Line: set up and secure common SCE way of working while maintaining a competency link with SCE peers – first point of contact and coordinating role in supply chain domain within the Applications Business Line.
Higher Technical College / Technical University graduate in Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Preferably 3 – 5 years of experience in a technical high-tech environment.
- Good interpersonal skills; social interaction, listening, discussion and communication skills.
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to influence without power
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers
- Team player, still able to act independent
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing
Context of the position
The Supply Chain Engineer is the link between the ASML mechatronic project development team(s) and the related development and manufacturing teams at our suppliers. The Yieldstar Hardware group is, within the sector Development and Engineering of ASML, part of the Applications department. The task of this department is to develop and deliver ASML solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors.
Industrialization within the Yieldstar Hardware group is providing the competence to drive the operational requirements Reliability, Availability, Cycle Time and Cost into the early design phases of the Business Lines’ products.
The holder of this position reports to the group leader AD DE HW Industrialization.
Please note that this is a challenging and rewarding job that involves continuous professional and personal development.
Contact information If you have any questions about this position or this department, please contact Edgar Dekker (Recruiter) via +31 (0)6-30 98 88 11. If you wish to apply, please upload your resume and cover letter via the link “Apply for this job” below this job description.
Engineer, metrology, sensing, physics, design, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability, specifying, industrialization, inspiring, manufacturing, service
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-06-27
Functional area: Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Research & Development
Background: Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Electronics, Mechatronics, Mechanics