ASML Manager EUV Source Software in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Do you have demonstrable expertise in project/group-leading (5-10 years)? Do you have experience in tools as C, C++, object oriented programming and Unix/Linux platforms?
Would you enjoy leading a software group which is specialized in high level machine control to the next generation Scanner products, interacting with product teams, marketing and system engineering? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
In close co-operation with colleagues from software and other D&E; disciplines (Mechatronics, Optics and Electronics) the Manager is a member of the D&E; software staff. In your team of 25 people, software plays an important role for the success of ASML and it is the responsibility of the group leader is to keep the skill and competence level accordingly. Since software is an integrating competency, it is an essential added value for ASML. You will drive at all stages of road mapping, specifying, testing, integrating and qualifying the advanced software for use in our world-leading products.
Our people make up a dynamic, fast-moving, entrepreneurial community. An advantage that leads to personal growth, professional development, and peer-group recognition. It’s also an environment that requires free-flowing teamwork, so that people can develop elegant solutions simply by talking to colleagues, and using each other’s unique area of expertise. As this group is specialized in the high level state behavior of the ASML-scanner, the main objectives are focused on the speed of production and stability of the machine using a model based engineering technology (ASD).
- The Manager is responsible for the group members in relation to skills and competences, allocation towards project /product development.
- Is able to coach software engineers, software architects, team leads, project leads in creating team plans and organize the development team in a motivated, efficient software production machine using the ‘we can do’ mentality.
- All produced software within the group is approved by the group leader before integration according the ASML quality standard and processes.
- Part of the qualification is executed by external parties which is supervised by the group leader.
- Reporting will be done towards the directive manager.
Bachelor or Master level with an education in Embedded Systems, Computer Science, Informatics, Mechatronics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or comparable.
- Demonstrable expertise in project/group-leading (5-10 years) ,
- Agile experience
- Experience in tools as C, C++, object oriented programming, Unix/Linux, Solaris, realtime, Python, ASD and software configuration management (ClearCase).
- Pro-active, self-starter, decisive, takes ownership.
- Sets targets and shapes the future.
- Strong communicator with a pragmatic attitude.
- Real team player with quality orientation.
- Mentoring and coaching
- Stakeholder management
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control & Infrastructure (MCI) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MCI are facing several aspects of motion control, production control, data management and Interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
this is a position at ASML Manager level.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-05
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Software Engineering