ASML Parts Quality Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Have you always wanted to know the real story behind everything you hear? Do you have a suspicious mindset that always wants to verify the facts that people tell you? Have you developed a stomach feeling for real robust quality of technology and the direction to look? Then this is the challenging job for you, ASML is looking for engineers that always go to the bottom to find out the root causes of parts that fail!
Find out in detail what the root cause is of a part that failed at our customer’s site and to initiate & drive improvement proposals to prevent part failures.
You will have the task to:
- Find out the root cause of a part that failed.
- Align with project leaders which parts need improvements and secure high quality analysis and improvement actions.
- Make sure the problem descriptions, containments and root cause analysis are provided and follow up is being actively steered and monitored.
- Initiate and drive process improvements to reduce and/or prevent DoA’s, part usage and improve part failure investigation efficiency.
- Interact with the Development Projects (Project leaders, Architects and design engineers) to prevent DoAs and part failures for new systems.
- Interact with management and engineers of Customer Support, Supply Chain, Quality, Logistics and Manufacturing.
Bachelor or Master technical degree.
We are looking for people who:
- Have the mindset of finding root cause of a failure no matter what is required.
- Have at least 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Have a high focus for quality and continuous improvement, experience with problem solving techniques.
- Have broad scope covering design aspects, manufacturing, qualification and service.
- Experience with ASML products is preferred.
- Have a basic commercial understanding of how to deal with customers and suppliers.
- Result driven, find the root cause.
- Excellent quantitative and non-quantitative data and information analysis skills.
- Fluent in English, preferable knowledge of the Dutch language.
- Good verbal skills, phrasing first time right is important.
- Self-starter, showing lots of initiative.
- An agile way of working that in necessary in complex organizations.
- Being able to work under time pressure.
- Work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and cultures.
Be advised that this concerns a (long term) flex opportunity. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML’s preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML’s remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-04
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Mechanics, Mechatronics, Others - Technical, Electronics