ASML Physics Overlay Analyst in Veldhoven, Netherlands
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML Overlay department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision. The so-called overlay accuracy demand for this layer-to-layer positioning is determined by the design of the chip.
As an Overlay Specialist/Analyst you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying and reporting overlay performance and inventing and specifying overlay improvements within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Specify, test, and analyze overlay qualification and calibration tests and report on the results;
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve overlay;
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues;
- Support the internal and external customers in solving overlay issues;
- Contribute to ASML’s overlay roadmap;
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors.
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification;
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English;
- Preferable having industrial experience in a relevant area.
Enthusiastic, Self-propelling, Creative, initiative, discipline and team spirit. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude. Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Overlay department is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget w.r.t. Overlay. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Keywords: overlay, physics, natuurkunde, matlab, modelleren, modeling, test, methodology.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”. Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-07-12
Functional area: Research & Development, Industrial Engineering
Background: Physics, Optics, System Integration, Mathematics