ASML Senior Design Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a flow architecture and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E;) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Scanner Optical Colum Conditioning (SOCC) specifies, designs and performs the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the flow and thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
As a Sr. Design Engineer you drive the design of the gas flow architecture in the EUV scanner to secure the suppression of particle contamination and degradation of the scanner optics while preserving the EUV transmission. You define the specifications for the flow and pressure functional hw and create the EPS/EDS that control this design. You drive the implementation of the functional hw from design to integration. You contribute to the competence roadmap together with the Competence owner and Architect.
You report to the Project Leader and Architect.
- Understand the function of the media at the end users inside the lithography tool
- Vacuum architecture and module design for contamination control and optics protection in the EUV scanner.
- Secure design requirements for flow and pressure conditioning of the scanner in high quality docs and contribute to system design.
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict the functionality of the flow architecture or subsystem (pressure drop budgeting, flow budgeting, humidification, gas purity)
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of flow architecture or subsystem
Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study. Expertise in gas flow engineering is a must.
- Multiple years of experience with flow modeling (CFD and/or network flow modeling) of sub-atmospheric gas behavior in vacuum systems.
- Thorough technical understanding of the complex gas flow and debris transport mechanisms in the EUV scanner.
- Solid experience in designing of products related to the field of mass- and heat transfer in a vacuum/low pressure environment.
- Pragmatic, decisive and result-oriented attitude
- Ability to motivate and convince others. Make clear, high-quality presentations.
- Able to provide technical guidance to a team of professional designers.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-10-10
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Mechanics, Optics, Mechatronics, Physics, Electronics