ASML Supplier Engineer - Industrial Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
A challenging opportunity for Physicists, Development Engineers or Production Engineers to work closely with suppliers in the co-design high-end parts assembled modules and entire sub-systems.
As a Supplier Engineer in ASML’s Development & Engineering, Performance and Integration Cluster you are the vital link for optimum engineering collaboration between ASML’s development teams and its supplier base.
Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking and excellent people skills, you’ll work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. By feeding that knowledge back into our development programs, you’ll enable ASML to make the right sourcing decisions.
- Early collaboration with suppliers in Development & Engineering projects to secure technology expertise of ASML and supplier are merged in the best way;
- New product introduction (NPI) and supplier selection;
- Execution of NPI deliverables like: manufacturing flows, failure mode effect analysis, test tools and product qualification, first article inspection & evaluation reports, supplier output control;
- Implementing supplier improvement actions in response to quality complaints and nonconforming products/ processes.
As a Supplier Engineer you report to the GroupLeader Supply Chain Engineering and interface with suppliers, development project leaders and customer support/manufacturing engineers and procurement account managers.
Bachelor or Masters Degree in Electronics, Mechanics, Mechatronics or Physics.
A minimum of 5 years experience in a high-tech environment in the field of electromechanical / physics development & engineering or production engineering.
- Good interpersonal skills - social interaction, listening, discussion and communication;
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement;
- Excellent negotiating and teambuilding skills;
- Ability to influence without power Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers;
- Team player, still able to act independent;
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing.
Context of the position
The goal of Industrial Engineering is to industrialize ASML products while development is ongoing, embedding industrial performance aspects (Cycle time, Manufacturability, Reliability, Cost) early in the design phase.
This means thinking about the manufacturing environment (Factory and Suppliers), to the use and maintenance at the customer site, taken into account lessons learned from the past.
If we focus on product industrialization early, we can proactively prevent most of the manufacturing and quality problems in our factory and at the suppliers and even improve time to market.
Please note that this is a challenging and rewarding job that involves continuous professional and personal development. If you meet the above requirements and consider yourself to have the right combination of technical, analytical and personal skills, apply now.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”. Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-05
Functional area: Research & Development, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering
Background: Physics, Others - Technical, Chemistry/Material Science, Mechatronics, Mechanics, System Integration, Electronics, Mathematics, Logistics / Supply Chain Management