ASML System Integration Engineer in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you an enthusiastic engineer who is fascinated by defining and managing a whole complete system? Are planning and organizing some of your best skills? Do you want to use your technical affinity and networking skills to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective system upgrades. Then the role of Upgrade Integrator is just for you!
Within D&E; Systems Integration, the Upgrade Integrator is responsible for the planning, preparation and execution of deliverables needed for system and module upgrades on prototype systems (building a prototype by integrating modules) as well as 1st time upgrades in the field at ASML customers.
The Upgrade Integrator supports development engineering and manufacturing in the qualification of optical, mechanical and electrical modules and sub-systems, and the integration and test of complex systems. The UI is also heavily involved in the first validations of the upgrade packages at customers.
The Upgrade Integrator (UI) works closely with the upgrade Project Lead (PL) to plan and execute defined upgrade packages on the ASML systems within the System Integration department. You interface with the other D&E; project/team leaders, integrators, customer support, system test engineers, configuration engineers and proto engineers.
Overall responsibility is to manage the pre-requisites for upgrade package and to deliver and qualify an optimized upgrade HW sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites. This is either a commercial upgrade package or a combined package of engineering changes (EC’s). The upgrade integrator will also report daily progress/delays and escalate issues as they surface.
It is expected that you can think and work in terms of:
- Make the link between system functions and configuration requirements
- Optimize the integration strategy and translate this strategy into upgrade plans
- Translate the Upgrade strategy to: Bill Of Material, upgrade sequence, software, parts, tools, spares and recovery sequence.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate the upgrade deliverables
- Support upgrade package validation and roll-out at customers.
- Release system configuration baselines to the operational sectors
- Bachelor / Master level – Technical, industrial engineering (BS in Optical Engineering Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering.)
You will be good in this job if you have:
- General proficiency with tools, systems, integration, and procedures required to accomplish the job
- Knowledge and experiences in sensors, optics, and/or controls of such devices which is considered as a strong plus
- Experience in or affinity with the machine industry
- Experience in or affinity with either system testing and integration or configuration management
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development (strong plus)
You are going to be happy in this job if you have:
- Organizational, flexibility skills and capability to communicate on all levels.
- Ablility to defend own opinion
- Proactive attitude
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Desire to invest in personal development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches
- Good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML. Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Internal reference: #LI-IV1
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2017-09-06
Functional area: Research & Development, Manufacturing
Background: Mechatronics, Others - Technical, System Integration, Mechanics, Physics, Optics