ASML Technical Escalation Project Leader in Veldhoven, Netherlands
ASML Customer Service Organization handles several thousand technical issues per month. The Global Support Center provides technical support for the approximately 5% of issues that cannot be handled independently by the local service organization. Of these already critical escalations, the Escalation Management Office (EMO) handles the most complex, business critical and visible. Rapid resolution of these issues is essential for both ASML and the customer and everyone is looking at the EMO office to take charge, rapidly build a team of experts and lead the team to success.
This role is an excellent opportunity to test your stakeholder and crisis management skills and show to the organization what you are capable of. You as project leader will be highly visible and you need an extensive network within the Customer Service (CS), Business Line and Design & Engineering (D&E;) organizations. The EMO team is also highly appreciated and recognized by the field organization.
Help our partners in CS Field to meet customer commitments as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA), by delivering dedicated escalation management to the most complex and business critical escalations coming into the GSC.
- Escalation progress management
- Take the lead in organizing and managing an expert team
- Identify and close gaps which slows down the time of resolution
- Avoid tunnel vision in the team by enforce out of the box thinking
- Chair and lead escalation meetings
- Report and manage expectations of business lines, field and management
- Be a representative for your customer(s)
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the local teams
- Represent the field towards marketing, program managers, account teams etc.
- Offer help when the standard process is not sufficient at that moment
- Be a consulting partner for the local teams on processes
- Manage expectations of stakeholders involved
- Act as an owner of the tools operating at the customer site
- Report status of tools which are under CS responsibility
- Report on different management levels regarding ‘extreme long down tools’ (>24h)
- Communicate status of problem solving process to all stakeholders
- Improve own organization
- Provide constructive feedback to drive for continuous improvement within GSC
- Be the GSC process ‘watchdog’ and initiate improvements
Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, or equivalent experience; knowledge of electronics, mechanics, optics, software, semiconductor processes, and related disciplines.
- Experience in troubleshooting on technical level
- Knowledge of ASML products on a technical level
- Experience within the ASML organization, specifically with CS and D&E.;
- Experience in managing customer escalations and (internal) customer communication
- High sense of customer focus
- High level of personal ownership, initiative and drive
- Capable of influencing people without formal authority, also at higher management levels
- Able to keep focus on the big picture and take difficult decisions in the middle of a high pressure, business critical escalation
- High level of stress tolerance
- Flexible mindset: working hours, travel and work environments.
- Excellent communication skills (English, both oral and written).
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work with different cultures.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Able to analyze working methods (processes), define and drive improvements
Context of the position
The Customer Service Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of ASML products at our customers’ sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Service organizations (CS Field) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The Global Support Center (GSC) is responsible for providing technical support to the local CS organizations in order to maximize ASML product performance.
Position in the OrganizationThe holder of this position reports to the EUV Escalation Management Office Manager.
Position will include occasional traveling (15% or less)
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML. Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-07-17
Functional area: Customer Support
Background: System Integration, Mechanics, Others - Technical, Physics, Mechatronics, Mathematics