ASML Tribology Specialist in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Are you eager to further develop your tribology expertise and help in expanding ASML expertise in this field? Do you want to be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work in close cooperation with technical cutting-edge project? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you.
In the position of Tribology Specialist, your mission consists of:
- Active involvement in projects, identifying solutions to a variety of issues in the field of tribology and materials.
- Supporting and expanding ASML's tribology competence and early identification of future needs.
You will actively help the projects with their challenges in the field of tribology and with expanding ASML's tribology competence as a whole.
Your main responsibilities can include:
- Performing investigations for the project in the field of tribology (testing, calculations, data analysis)
- Creation and validation of new concepts to solve mechanical contact problems.
- Advice design engineers on materials for current and future needs.
- Collaborate with universities/ knowledge institutes and other high-tech companies
Technical University, Master’s or PhD with specialization in material technology and tribology. Or background in mechanical and with strong affinity towards tribology.
Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of mechanical engineering in general and Tribology and Coatings in particular.
Preferably also knowledge or working experience in field of:
- Surface wear mechanisms
- Friction phenomena in mechanical systems
- MATLAB knowledge
- Finite element method (FEM)
- Precision- / nano engineering
- Design of bearings & bolts
- Failure modes & analysis
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic, pro-active attitude.
- Affinity with exploring and solving technical challenges.
- Creative in defining and executing tests
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in the English language (both in speaking and writing).
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E;) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML lithography systems. The department Mechanical Architecture (MA) is designing, building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Mechanical Analysis is responsible for precision engineering of critical modules and for general mechanical analysis and tribology.
Be advised that this concerns a (long term) flex opportunity with expected duration till 01-07-2019. All contracting (payroll) will be handled by ASML’s preferred third party vendor, in accordance with ASML’s remuneration package. Please take this into consideration when you apply for this vacancy.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 5-10 Experienced
Available since: 2017-06-30
Functional area: Research & Development
Background: Optics, Mechanics, Mechatronics, Others - Technical