Microsoft Corporation Blockchain and FinServ Architect in Netherlands
Blockchain and Financial Services Architect, Applied Innovation
The Applied Innovation team’s mission is to incubate and develop highly innovative business and partner opportunities for Microsoft and Microsoft Enterprise Services in key markets. We are accountable for understanding technology and industry trends and how they translate into long term Microsoft business opportunities (consulting, cloud usage, product adoption). We accomplish our mission through strategic incubation projects, developing new partner engagement models, securing executive sales and field support, and showing what is possible.
You will be responsible for helping to define, manage, and ultimately deliver on the strategic projects that the Applied Incubation team pursues with the Blockchain PG along with partners and customer around the world. This role will require digging into new technology, running architecture design sessions, strategy workshops, business hackathons, technical hackathons, possibly creating demos in code, and working across the company to integrate expertise. You will work closely with the both the HQ and Field Services teams to coordinate and execute on incubation projects which drive both product and services adoption with partners and customers.
Leading incubation: Collaborate with stakeholders across Services and the company (engineering, marketing, sales) on development of incubation strategies and lead execution. Integrate business and technology strategies into solution development, and identify opportunities to grow our business.
Prototype development: Lead investigation on how to integrate blockchain and cloud technologies into a cohesive story that highlights the possibilities for how Microsoft platform technology can deliver transformative business value to companies across industrial verticals, with a depth focus on Financial Services. Develop prototypes using those technologies in partnership with customers and our engineering teams to uncover potential solutions that Microsoft Services could repeatedly deliver to customers globally. Work with our chosen partners to understand their technical contribution to a combined platform.
IP development: Capture and share guidance from incubation work that saves consultants and architects time when facing similar challenges. Validate guidance with SMEs across the company to verify it is appropriate and viable for customers.
Lead Hackathons and Workshops: Engage with customers to deliver technical hackathons and strategy workshops to acquire and validate insight that can advance the goals of the incubation.
Delighting Customers: You will manage the complete lifecycle of a wide range of project types and demonstrate passion for customers through professionalism and excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. You must also help the team develop and refine the strategies and business cases related to the incubation work.
Must have a background and deep understanding of the following technologies and how they integrate / relate and could work with Microsoft technologies in a complete solution, which includes existing on premise and cloud.
• Depth understanding of at least one of the following blockchain technology stacks – Ethereum, Hyperledger, Chain, or Corda.
• Expertise in .NET framework, C/C++, C# or equivalent programming languages
• Experience working with Linux operating systems
• Experience working with services written in Node.js
• Understanding of data related Azure and Cloud technologies and concepts
• Deep and intuitive understanding of computer science fundamentals
Additional desired qualifications
• Experience with analytics techniques and methodologies is highly desirable
• Experience with mobile application development
• Experience with web application develop with frameworks such as Angular.js
• Bonus: Experience developing cross-platform software and/or services
• Demonstrated experience capturing your learning in the form of white papers, presentations, and recordings to train others
• Demonstrated ability to engage with senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of technical solutions
• Demonstrated success in working with new partners and customers on transformative deals
• Track record of driving projects independently and executing on them successfully
The successful candidate will have a degree in computer science or equivalent work experience, combined with a minimum of 10 years relevant working experience designing solutions including 5 years managing projects. The job will require travel (40%) worldwide in support of incubation projects. Ideal candidate should be located anywhere in the Asia Pacific region with proximity to an international airport.
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.