Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Development Engineer in the Commercial Software Engineering Team in Netherlands
Help build the Microsoft partner ecosystem, while inspiring the broader developer community.
Working with top Global ISVs you will be chartered to envision, design, and deliver flagship applications on strategic Microsoft technologies enabling enterprise wins over competitive platforms. These wins should clearly demonstrate the value of our platform - cloud and mobility, as well as performance and scalability leadership in the cloud.
The preferred location for this position will be in W. Europe and will require travel (around 25%). We offer the ability to work from home, when not travelling.
Candidates should have 5+ years of experience in Software Development, an understanding of the Microsoft and competitive platform.
Experience in Open Source Software is a strong plus, also a good understanding of containers, high scale data engines and analytics.
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive lighthouse wins with mission-critical Global ISV applications/services on Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
• Deliver technical “hackfests” to accelerate partner adoption
• Build reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale
• Share best practices through blogs, discussion forums, presentations and key ISV conferences
• Influence and integrate with CxOs and navigate competitive situations
• 5+ years of experience in software development, architecture or design.
• Cloud experience on one of the following platforms is a big plus: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services
• Teamwork and cross-group skills are essential
• Effective presentation and communication skills.
• The ability to speak with influence and impact
• Bachelor or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering or optionally equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status