Kao USA Inc. General Ledger Accountant in Amersfoort, Netherlands
Kao is in the middle of setting up a Finance Shared Service Center (SSC) for the EMEA region. To further support the set-up and of our FSSC in the Netherlands, we like to get in touch a pro-active and technically strong General Ledger Accountant. We are recruiting multiple general ledger positions.
As General Ledger Accountant you’ll play an important role in setting up and improving the processes and position of our international and multilingual GL team. The role will be evolving over time. You are on the development of our team, the GL department and our finance processes. This position combines operational general ledger activities with tactical and strategical projects regarding continuous improvement. You play a role in driving change and efficiency, and building a best in class Shared Service Centre.
- As General Ledger accountant you are responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned entities and timely reconciliation of all GL accounts;
- You participate in coordinating cross departmental month end close activities, records and judge accruals, deferrals and other close related entries;
- You also assist in calculating cost centre re-allocations and intercompany recharges;
- You ensure consistency and completeness of data transfers between sub-ledgers and General Ledger and you are responsible for completeness and correctness of entries in the books;
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations;
- You make sure that all balance sheet reconciliations are correctly executed in a timely manner. You manage fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations;
- In this position you are also responsible for local statutory accounting, perform reviews and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations and coordination with outsourcing partners.
- As General Ledger Accountant you hold a completed higher professional education/HBO or Bachelor/Master in economics, finance and/or accounting;
- You have strong measurable technical accounting skills and extensive experience in bookkeeping;
- You have experience in an international Shared Service Centre;
- You are fluent in English and preferably another European language;
- Preferably you have already worked in a Shared Service Centre;
- You have extensive ERP system experience (preferably SAP) and you have measurable advanced Excel skills.
- To ensure that you will be successful as General Ledger accountant you have a pro-active attitude;
- You are a skill full communicator with the ability to convince peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing control systems and implementing new processes;
- Strong team player;
- You have a highly flexible attitude, and enjoy driving change and efficiency;
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team.
Job ID: 2018-3674
Brand: Kao Business Services
Location: NL - - Amersfoort